SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend, I decided to to some work on the COMBI... Sill not done with cleaning, etc, but decided to do important things.

I did the plugs yesterday. Originals were replaced at 40K under warrantee, i'm now at 110,000, the old ones were quite worn. the gap seemed to be worn to about 1.1mm, but no oily, fouled or any things to send up red flags. The car was running stumble sometimes. New plugs really made it feel Quite better. I put in Denso Iridium IKH22's per Brian from VTuners recommendation. It took me about 2 hours. Woulda been less, but it would not start, I retraced my steps and found I forgot to reconnect a plug behind the harness channel above cyl5.

I then checked all fluids and tire pressures.

Today I installed the GS torque mount. 3 bolts, slide it down, install the inserts, reinstall, 30min.... not bad.;ol;

I have been hearing a clunk in the steering:(... I think the winter potholes here in VT must have gotten a tierod end or something, as there is some left to right play. No up and down, so the ball joints and wheel bearings are good.

Tomorrow morning is wash, claybar and wax... then vacuum and leather condition.

Anyone else do any good projects for the three day weekend?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Installed front and rear akebono brake pads, painted brake calipers, plasti-dipped rims and rotated tires. took a couple of days.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW.... I just washed the SC twice just to be clean. I then got out the Clay bar kit (Maguires). I was real doubtful. I mean really... what could it do, I just washed it twice.

HOLY CARP!

The clay picked up stuff , and it turned yellow on the tailgate. I sprayed the detailer on, ran the clay over it until I heard no grityness. The hood needs more work, but I am TOTALLY amazed on how smooth the paint is now. I did a spraywax after, and that im feelin MEH on.. shoulda had more cloths available as the microfiber that it came with got loaded up and moist too quick. I used my shirt in the end...

Review: Clay bar is the best $25 I have spent in a long time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts