SaabCentral Forums banner

301 - 320 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well I'll first start off with saying communication was somewhat poor. He said it was available so I issued a money order then he said it was sold. A week later he says the seller backed out and the intake was available. I get the money order reissued and send it the next business day. On both occasions I say I would like to purchase it. A week and a half latter he tells me it was sold to someone else. He says he sent my money order back. Although he did not steal from me I feel as though I cannot trust him and would not recommend doing business with him.
I must have been the other buyer or at least one of them. I had pretty much the same experience except I have yet to receive my money back.

We agreed on $120usd shipped for his BSR intake. He said he didn't have Paypal (which maybe should have been a red flag) and asked for a draft. Bit of a PIA but fine. He said he had positive feedback from other members plus it was only $120 so I agreed and sent the draft on the 12th of Feb and messaged him a photo of the draft.

He message me on the 20th saying he hadn't received it yet. I asked him to give it a few more days as it was coming from Vancouver, Canada.

On the 27th he messaged me saying the currency exchange couldn't verify the draft and he didn't have a bank account so he would be sending the draft back, thanking me for my interest in his intake... I responded letting him know I work for the issuing bank and included a phone number to the branch that could be called to verify the draft.

March 2nd he responded asking for my Paypal so he could issue a refund via his dad's Paypal account.......... Why could I not have just sent the money there in the first place??? I said I'd rather he just mail me back the draft. I did not receive a reply.

I sent two follow up emails since on the 16th and 27th and never heard anything back.

I had the bank to a trace on the draft today and they found it was negotiated and cleared on the 3rd of March. This SOB just blatantly ripped me off.

A peek at his profile today shows he was on the site 19 hours ago which rules out the possibility of him not having been on the site for some time and missing my messages. He would have got them.

Being fairly new to this forum, I don't know how these types of situations are handled however I would expect a member ripping off another would be grounds for banning if nothing else.....

Buyers beware! :nono;

Cedric

***Edit*** Just saw the other thread about others he's ripped off. Damn, now I'm really pissed.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I must have been the other buyer or at least one of them. I had pretty much the same experience except I have yet to receive my money back.

We agreed on $120usd shipped for his BSR intake. He said he didn't have Paypal (which maybe should have been a red flag) and asked for a draft. Bit of a PIA but fine. He said he had positive feedback from other members plus it was only $120 so I agreed and sent the draft on the 12th of Feb and messaged him a photo of the draft.

He message me on the 20th saying he hadn't received it yet. I asked him to give it a few more days as it was coming from Vancouver, Canada.

On the 27th he messaged me saying the currency exchange couldn't verify the draft and he didn't have a bank account so he would be sending the draft back, thanking me for my interest in his intake... I responded letting him know I work for the issuing bank and included a phone number to the branch that could be called to verify the draft.

March 2nd he responded asking for my Paypal so he could issue a refund via his dad's Paypal account.......... Why could I not have just sent the money there in the first place??? I said I'd rather he just mail me back the draft. I did not receive a reply.

I sent two follow up emails since on the 16th and 27th and never heard anything back.

I had the bank to a trace on the draft today and they found it was negotiated and cleared on the 3rd of March. This SOB just blatantly ripped me off.

A peek at his profile today shows he was on the site 19 hours ago which rules out the possibility of him not having been on the site for some time and missing my messages. He would have got them.

Being fairly new to this forum, I don't know how these types of situations are handled however I would expect a member ripping off another would be grounds for banning if nothing else.....

Buyers beware! :nono;

Cedric

***Edit*** Just saw the other thread about others he's ripped off. Damn, now I'm really pissed.
Is that for Tyskie?

Have you been in touch with the local cops at whatever house you sent the money to?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I cant believe im reading all this negative(stealing) feedback on this site.The only thing i can say is someone needs to visit these "people??"; who that may be, i dont know.But someone! Maybe Bubba!??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pettit - Yeah I'm talking about Tyskie. I highly doubt the local cops there would do anything. I doubt they would get involved.

Ced

·
Registered
339 Posts
The 9-5 Guy

Bought two 17" Klingons from him, we planned to meet halfway. He was on time, I was late due to a pileup on the 401.

He waited for about an hour till I arrived, I absolutely have to thank him for that, not many people would have done the same thing or been too happy about it.

I'm happy with what I got and for what I paid. I'm glad it all worked out.

Communication was great, I felt this transaction was as positive as one could get.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
franklynb

User purchased an aero wagon spoiler from me (USPS says it arrived today) towards the end of last week. Great communication and prompt payment after photo reassurance of non-broken mounting hardware.

Perfect sale on my end; I hope he feels the same way!

Would sell to again!

-Benjamin

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
swedespeed7 - Excellent Free Stuff

swedespeed7 was giving away some free stuff for the cost of shipping - how cool is that!

Got a practically new headlight switch in a box - can't beat that.

Thanks swedespeed7

·
Super Moderator
19,913 Posts
Purchased 6disc from tour96se. Thanks Chris.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
jakejm79

I bought the OG9-3 heated rear seats from Jake and spent about 2 hrs adding the necessary wiring to my car to run the seats for a very nominal fee (after seeing what he had to do, it would have taken me a week to figure it all out myself).

I'll be buying from him again the next time he has a part that I need.

301 - 320 of 342 Posts