SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just wondering if anyone knows someone with one on there car?

I was writing some program for it today, and i realize I have no idea if this will work with my DI? I geuss i could just steal some coilpacks from a car, wire them into the ecu, and get rid of DI complety, but I figured i'd ask around and see whats going on, I'm pretty much 70 percent sure the DI will work as its simpily a coilpack per plug, but idk anyone who's running a similar system and i'm not getting a clear enough answer from anyone

don't really feel like going through the hassle of instealing the megasquirt and than having no spark, thats a day ruiner

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
9-3sleeper said:
The direct ignition system is a lot more efficient than a distributer. I wouldn't recommend this, but it is your car.
sleeper come on read man

coil packs lol, as in ones i would prop steal from my buddy ray that came off a dsm

btw i noticed nick posts here, i hope ho doesn't see my sig lol (i've never had a good experience will GS)

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
There are a few guys running it on c900's. Do a search on it in the C900 Performance Forum. You can set it up to run a DI cassette, in fact one of the guys is doing/has done it I think. KeithG is the man to speak to.

Don't know if you'd see big gains in using it to control ignition, but you'd definitely have use for fuelling and boost control.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
mfyoung said:
sleeper come on read man

coil packs lol, as in ones i would prop steal from my buddy ray that came off a dsm

btw i noticed nick posts here, i hope ho doesn't see my sig lol (i've never had a good experience will GS)
Dude, I'm saying that the DIC is a better part, regardless of how cheap you can get the coil pack. And if you can di the megasquirt with the DIC, then why change it?

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
I have heard that the MS guys say stick with trionic, no real gains to be had converting to MS, and it'd be a complete bugger to work the ion sensing part, you'd have to add a cam sensor to the engine realistically to control fueling and ignition, or atleast for fueling swap to batch injection if you are only using the crank sensor, then convert the DIC to work on wasted spark.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
MF YOUNG, We have not had any issues with rack braces aside from people not reading and ordering the wrong one.. :roll: But thanks for replying to my email to you regarding this matter :nono; .. I have no problems working it out or making it right but if you are going to be like that then I won't bother. :D

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Yeah young, I've never ahd any issues with GS. They've helped me even when I wasn't buying something from them at that moment, on more than one occasion.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NickTaliaferro said:
MF YOUNG, We have not had any issues with rack braces aside from people not reading and ordering the wrong one.. :roll: But thanks for replying to my email to you regarding this matter :nono; .. I have no problems working it out or making it right but if you are going to be like that then I won't bother. :D
it wasn't the wrong one, just didn't really fit right, but nothing the good old bridgeport couldn't fix lol

i'm not trying to offend you in any way here, its just the radio fill kit and harness i got from you didn't fit good, plus the wiring for the radio was wrong (it would'nt store its settings), and i just ended up making my own fill kit

the brace fit fine, but i don't really need it with the bracing i have on the car

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
9-3sleeper said:
Dude, I'm saying that the DIC is a better part, regardless of how cheap you can get the coil pack. And if you can di the megasquirt with the DIC, then why change it?
i just wanted to know if anyone had been able to get the megasquirt to work with the DI i know a pack per plug setup is a better set up

oh and also i propably would have sent the steering rack clamp back to you, but my old one was shot to hell (3 stages at prescott will do that) and literally there was nothing left, plus i have access to machine shops in town, and i know my way around a bidgeport

but in my defense the fact of the matter is i have order 3 parts from you that didn't really work too well, so excuse me if i have a reluctance to order from you again.

btw thanks for questioning my reading comprehension, but thankfully i'm a smarter person than that, I keep reciepts

GenuineSaab.com
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 10459
Detailed Invoice: https://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/account_history_info.php?order_id=10459
Date Ordered: Saturday 30 June, 2007
Order placed by: Mike Young
e-mail: [email protected]
phone: 480-206-7798

Products
1 x Steering Rack Brace & Clamp Kit (SRBK) = $208.00
Version Later 96.5-2003 Small Black Rack
Options Brace only
Sub-Total: $208.00
United Parcel Service (1 x 5lbs) (Ground): $10.30
Total: $218.30

Delivery Address
Last Resort Racing
Mike Young
4205 E Paradise Dr
Phoenix, AZ 85028
United States

Billing Address
Last Resort Racing
Mike Young
4205 E Paradise Dr
Phoenix, AZ 85028
United States

Payment Method
Credit Card

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Si said:
I have heard that the MS guys say stick with trionic, no real gains to be had converting to MS, and it'd be a complete bugger to work the ion sensing part, you'd have to add a cam sensor to the engine realistically to control fueling and ignition, or atleast for fueling swap to batch injection if you are only using the crank sensor, then convert the DIC to work on wasted spark.
damn okay that sucks, yeah getting the cam sensor setup to work just pushed this overboard for me

well looks like i'm writing the program for my buddy lol (he wanted to buy the megasquirt if i didn't get it to work) maybe i can get my money back from it, I just didn't want to lose the car for a couple weeks while getting the ecu tuned

oh well maybe i get jak to tune it this december i won't need the car for a couple weeks than

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
The DI does more than just govern spark....

Of course, if you totally gutted the engine management and rewired all the sensors through a separate standalone system and didn't plan to need/use the ionic knock sensing...

then go for it.....:cool:

...and dude...you must have set some kind of speed record for offending long-time site visitors AND long-time sponsors....

Are you sure your real name isn't Raul? ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
mfyoung said:
it wasn't the wrong one, just didn't really fit right, but nothing the good old bridgeport couldn't fix lol

i'm not trying to offend you in any way here, its just the radio fill kit and harness i got from you didn't fit good, plus the wiring for the radio was wrong (it would'nt store its settings), and i just ended up making my own fill kit

the brace fit fine, but i don't really need it with the bracing i have on the car
mfyoung maybe your doing something wrong because me and several of my friends bought the clamp/brace, fill kit, wiring harness along with several other parts and everything always fit perfectly.gs's products are of great quality and always work extremely well.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mike saunders said:
The DI does more than just govern spark....

Of course, if you totally gutted the engine management and rewired all the sensors through a separate standalone system and didn't plan to need/use the ionic knock sensing...

then go for it.....:cool:

...and dude...you must have set some kind of speed record for offending long-time site visitors AND long-time sponsors....

Are you sure your real name isn't Raul? ;)
don't know raul is, I didn't realize i offended long-time visitors, and as far as GS the wiring kit sent me was wired wrong and if you read feedback MORE than one person has said that. The only support i got from GS on this issue was from a person who left feedback stating which wires were labeled wrong, and simply stated the brace did not fit correctly, ppl have different experiences, i'm glad your braces fit fine, but MINE did not, I've showed paper work showing that i bought the right one, and the brace was close to fiting, except the fact it was too thick to bolt it on (it fit fine on the actual steering rack) but had to be modified to be fastened

sorry if i'm offending Nick in anyway, but the matter of the fact is that I have not had good experiences with your company , geuss what that happens, and the time I called for tech support for the wiring harness i was told that i was wiring it wrong, and not the wiring harness was wired wrong (btw i switched the wires somebody mentioned in the feedback section and it worked fine after that)

I'm not gonna try like i won't offend people I know I do, but generally when I offend people it is in self-defense. Perfect example, almost all DSM owners believe you have to upgrade the fuel pump to run a 16g turbo, while in fact i have personally worked on a car running over 30psi with 18g turbo and a s/c with a stock fuel pump, and 660cc injectors! but yet anytime i tell a dsm owner that he doesn't need a 255 to run a 16g I'm called a moron

The brace btw wasn't that big of a deal to me, theres sometimes quality issues at the factory, idk what the circustances behind it were, it took me 45 minutes of fitting and machining on the bridgeport to make it fit

btw megasquirt fyi is a standalone system, so yes my plans were to remove the trionic 5 system and replace it with my standalone megasquirt, looking at it now i might be able to fit a 4g63 cam sensor into my motor, which would be nice

I would really like to remove the trionic 5 in place of something I can manage my system more easily through my laptop for needs at a time, living in AZ leaves means i have very large temp gaps to go through, and anyone in here who can tell me the last time they say 120 in the summer please raise your hand.

anyways thanks to the one poster who could give me some insight into the sit.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I learned the hard way, if you want to pick a fight here, there will be plenty of people willing to take you up on it. In the end though this is about cars, Saabs specifically, and all the other bull **** just gets in the way of whats important. I've been in your shoes before, and I'm not going to lie that I'll probably be there again, but the best thing to do on this site is to stay as respectful as you can for as long as you can.

This is just the advice of someone who has had these issues before, you can do whatever you want with it, but there it is.

Ben

And just for the record, I don't feel in any way insulted by you, I just wanted to give you a heads up.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
9-3sleeper said:
I learned the hard way, if you want to pick a fight here, there will be plenty of people willing to take you up on it. In the end though this is about cars, Saabs specifically, and all the other bull **** just gets in the way of whats important. I've been in your shoes before, and I'm not going to lie that I'll probably be there again, but the best thing to do on this site is to stay as respectful as you can for as long as you can.

This is just the advice of someone who has had these issues before, you can do whatever you want with it, but there it is.

Ben

And just for the record, I don't feel in any way insulted by you, I just wanted to give you a heads up.
i understand that, i didn't think i was picking a fight, but i have my right to my opinion, and in my experience GS hasn't been as good to me as Jak Stoll has

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
mfyoung said:
i understand that, i didn't think i was picking a fight, but i have my right to my opinion, and in my experience GS hasn't been as good to me as Jak Stoll has
Absolutley, I will always respect an opinion, I just wanted to try and keep you from making the same mistake I did when I first started posting here ;)

I can be a dick head on occasion.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
9-3sleeper said:
Absolutley, I will always respect an opinion, I just wanted to try and keep you from making the same mistake I did when I first started posting here

I can be a dick head on occasion.
well thats cuz you go to purdue and its so cold is west lafayette lol

GO SUN DEVILS

oregon lost to u of a, so that means asu's going up in the rankings

were going to the pro bowl

btw hows painter working out for u guys LOL;)

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Lol, got me. Can we not talk about football maybe possibly please. After Ohio state came to town it's been all down hill. :cry:

And yeah it's getting cold here, but the car loves it. :cool:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
9-3sleeper said:
Lol, got me. Can we not talk about football maybe possibly please. After Ohio state came to town it's been all down hill. :cry:

And yeah it's getting cold here, but the car loves it. :cool:
you know i've never had to use that little winter button i have

kinda pisses me off somedays, like i wanna use it i wanna use it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts