SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Megan Racing Coilovers, 32 levels of damper force adjustment, full-height adjustment. Used for about 7-8 months, I likely put about 3k miles on them as I don’t drive much. They are mechanically sound; shows no corrosion or visible damage. Car has never been in an accident. Will include the hardware/tools.

The ride on these is on the harsh side, they have less rebound than the OEM setup. They are a little twangy/noisy during low speed turns, like in a parking lot.

They do corner and handle great. I no longer do events in my 9-3ss (I have been racing a dedicated track car in 24 Hours of LeMons series) and the tradeoff of the harsh ride on crappy Minnesota roads is simply no longer worth it to me, thusly I have reverted to my OEM setup.

400 + shipping from 55443 zip, I will ship in the original box they came in.

Dimensions: Length 17” x Width 30” x Height 8”
Weight: 50.5 lbs (23 Kilograms)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Megan Racing Coilovers, 32 levels of damper force adjustment, full-height adjustment. Used for about 7-8 months, I likely put about 3k miles on them as I don’t drive much. They are mechanically sound; shows no corrosion or visible damage. Car has never been in an accident. Will include the hardware/tools.
How hard are they to install ? (I would have access to a lift)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How hard are they to install ? (I would have access to a lift)
Installation of the coilovers is essentially the same as the OEM setup. Pretty straightforward.

I had them installed and uninstalled at the Saab dealer I use. Took their tech the same amount of time on the coilovers as it did the OEM. (under 2 hours)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Installation of the coilovers is essentially the same as the OEM setup. Pretty straightforward.

I had them installed and uninstalled at the Saab dealer I use. Took their tech the same amount of time on the coilovers as it did the OEM. (under 2 hours)
Hmm ok, I know a bunch of people who install setups and tune stuff for their cars (track and autocross use), so they would be able to help.

I am strongly considering these, but currently don't have the money. Hopefully if these are still for sale in about a month or so I'll take these off your hands.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, very tempting. I calculated shipping to be about $60 to 33434, can you confirm? Also, why would you say they make noise?
If you want me to confirm please let me know what method of transport (ground, 2 day) and carrier (fedex, UPS) you want to me confirm with.

I say they make noise because they do in fact make noise. I mention it in the interest of disclosure to a potential buyer. I think I made a few post about the issue on this site as well in a thread in the 9-3ss mods section.

My buddy has the same setup, it does the same thing. My car dealer and his tech attribute it to difference in the adjustable camber plate versus the the way the OEM nonadjustable seats in the strut mount.

It has never been an huge issue it no way affected performance, just an occasional annoyance. The last time I had an alignment, I had the guy (who does race/autox setups for alot of people in my area) give me much less aggressive camber settings seeing as really don't do events in that car anymore and that seems to have remedied the issue for the most part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry, I checked the shipping with UPS ground. Also, I meant what did you think caused the noise, but you answered that. Let me know if the sale falls through.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Wow those are pretty :O

1 - 10 of 10 Posts