SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Meeting w/Saab area rep - ANSWERS

Guys, I am meeting with SAAB area rep on Thursday to discuss a warranty claim that both I and dealer want to do but need an approval.

I have a whole list of questions for him, so if you have something that you need to find out. Post it here. I will ask him. Hopefully he will be able to anwer.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Way to go schernov!

1. What are his feelings on replacing worn flocking around the sunroof?
2. Why can 2003/4 vehicles not be retrofitted with digital Onstar?
3. With all the various programming updates made to the stereo system (there have been quite a few) indicating that support is still active, why cannot there be a patch so Aux is the default source? Especially if Saab endorses an XM aftermarket kit.
4. Has the formulation in the rubberized plastic on the buttons changed? Improved?
5. Got any advance copies of the 2006 9-3 Sales brochures (if I get one I'll scan it in for everyone)? :cheesy:

I'm sure I'll find more...

If you guys hit it off, maybe you might consider asking him to make a guest appearance here for a scheduled chat. We could set some ground rules, and have a nice chat?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Viscouse said:
Way to go schernov!

1. What are his feelings on replacing worn flocking around the sunroof? - do you mean that "fuzzy looking stuff" around the rim of the sunroof?

If you guys hit it off, maybe you might consider asking him to make a guest appearance here for a scheduled chat. We could set some ground rules, and have a nice chat?
I will try. I just talked to my service manager yesterday who is subbing (from a second dealer location) for my usual service writer (who is in training).. and he said that this rep is new - just moved here from Michigan. They don't really know anything about him, but so far he was able to find couple of answers that they were looking for.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Viscouse said:
I'm sure I'll find more...
Now that the 2005's apparently have Speed Dependent Volume working, how can we get it working on 2003 and 2004 models?

Not to be picky, but I look at this as something I paid for but didn't get!

Edit: And I must add, I was told (as were many of us) that this system was working fine, but was "too effective to be noticed!":evil:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd let him know that digital OnStar is a big issue. We have all this phone/mics equipment on the car, and it's basically going to be useless soon. GM really screwed this up, in my opinion. Why can't they continue a limited analog service or what?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
i for one would really like to know if there's a way to make AUX come up without having to switch to it everytime. i don't understand...why not make the last source you selected before you turned the car off come back up upon restarting the car?...it seems like common sense to me, but apparently those idiots in sweden think differently.

·
Banned
975 Posts
Lots of good questions, my biggest concerns:

- AWD....where is it!!
- Bluetooth
- Onstar = the suck
- the button for extra lights thats useless......
- running lights, why bother with that stupid dial!
- i want remote start >:O
- if you can roll down your windows with the unlock key why cant you roll them back up with the lock key, its such a pain when you get out of your car and youre walking away and realize that a window is rolled down.
- the saab loyalty program was removed, meaning that as a 17 year saab owner I no longer get the saab loyalty discount....why.....
- Why is there no upgrade kit to get the xenon headlights? there are stereo kits but no kits for the head lights....
- last off id hug him, because i love my car :cheesy: (ok i wouldnt actually hug him but i do like my car...)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
soggy said:
Lots of good questions, my biggest concerns:

- AWD....where is it!!
- Bluetooth
- Onstar = the suck
- the button for extra lights thats useless......
- running lights, why bother with that stupid dial!
- i want remote start >:O
- if you can roll down your windows with the unlock key why cant you roll them back up with the lock key, its such a pain when you get out of your car and youre walking away and realize that a window is rolled down.
- the saab loyalty program was removed, meaning that as a 17 year saab owner I no longer get the saab loyalty discount....why.....
- Why is there no upgrade kit to get the xenon headlights? there are stereo kits but no kits for the head lights....
- last off id hug him, because i love my car :cheesy: (ok i wouldnt actually hug him but i do like my car...)
1. Not sure what you mean about running lights - dealer can disable that with no problem.
2. Remote start is also possible without a problem. You just need to tap clutch position sensor, neutral position sensor, sacrifice one key and that's it - but I will ask.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
If i was across the pond i'd ask "When are you going to tie up a deal with Hirsch for tuning / upgrades (at reasonable costs)"

·
Registered
752 Posts
You can roll up the windows with the key. I think that the tech prog. mine by accident, all that I have to do is hold down the lock button and all the windows and the sunroof will close.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
schernov said:
Guys, I am meeting with SAAB area rep on Thursday to discuss a warranty claim that both I and dealer want to do but need an approval.

I have a whole list of questions for him, so if you have something that you need to find out. Post it here. I will ask him. Hopefully he will be able to anwer.
Is it possible to have the hands free prewiring (TEL1) installed in a pre-2005 sports sedan (2004 Aero, specifically). I do have OnStar if that affects his answer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
415 Posts
here's one fer ya:

+ my sid doesn't show the list of filled cd numbers. the rep here (bay area, northern cal) reportedly told the dealer that there is no way to know if it is an old icu (which never displayed them) or a busted icu. so, saab refused to replace the icu as they might be out $800 if it was a working old icu. can the rep confirm this story? i'm hesitant to do any major changes like this, as the car has been pretty glitch free so far. but, i'd like to know if they giving me a story.

thanks!
-josh

·
Banned
975 Posts
oh yeah, how come the car knows what the song name is on the radio and it doesnt know what the song name is on the CDs.... Also considering Ipods market share i think it would be wise to come up with an expansion that would allow ipod control. It would probably be best if saab had 2-3 general purpose expansion ports for other various electronic devices, ex: USB ports..... That way you could wire a phone, ipod, w/e....

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
soggy said:
oh yeah, how come the car knows what the song name is on the radio and it doesnt know what the song name is on the CDs.... Also considering Ipods market share i think it would be wise to come up with an expansion that would allow ipod control. It would probably be best if saab had 2-3 general purpose expansion ports for other various electronic devices, ex: USB ports..... That way you could wire a phone, ipod, w/e....
I will ask about Ipod, as far as CD-text, it IS available and working, IF it is on the CD. Look in the FAQ, it's there..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: navigation

Is there a way to disable the lock they have placed on ability to use navigation while car is in motion. I understand that this is a safety issue, but do they realize that there are passengers who can use the system while the driver drives?

And are they going to update the navigation system anytime soon to have ability to enter Phone Numbers?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
MrSaab95 said:
Is there a way to disable the lock they have placed on ability to use navigation while car is in motion. I understand that this is a safety issue, but do they realize that there are passengers who can use the system while the driver drives?
Especially since the car knows when there is a passenger in the seat. Just make it look for if (passenger occupant & seatbelt) then unlock navi.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Q&A with REP

I met with Midwest Rep, who covers MN, WI, IL, and NW Indiana. Very cool guy.
My warranty repair got quickly approved w.o. any problems and we proceeded to have 1.5 hr long discussion.

Q: Digital Onstar
A: 2003 and 2004 are ANALOG only. No upgrade to digital will be released. Wiring does not support it. After 2008 no service.

Q: Creeks and rattles:
A: Covered for 1year/ 16k miles. Otherwise it is up to dealer. Big problem is wax residue on the rubber seals. Use selicone to condition it. Works in many cases.

Q: Tel1 Wiring "375" harnes from MY05 into 03/04
A: Not possible, as it is part of the big main harness.

Q: Bluetooth availability. Adoption from EU unit?
A: Should come out in late 06, early 07 MY. Getting a EU box might not work because of wiring once again, and TECH2 changes that US dealers cannot make.

Q: Self Maintenance and CPO warranty
A: As long as you used approved parts, have dated receipts for everything and can establish a pattern of maintenance, there is no problem.

Q: GM Brake Valve recall
A: Currently dealers should be getting parts, will administer soon.

Q: Coolant, is it DEXcool?
A: Unknown. Can be replaced with coolant with approval standard mentioned in the owners manual. Soon it WILL be dexcool for sure, though, once part integration with AC delco will be completed. Should be drained by undoing a hose.

Q: M/T fluid
A: Lifetime, don't touch it.

Q: Loaner cars
A: It is up to the dealer, but GM does give dealers some $$ to cover certain expenses.

Q: Where is my Feedback survey for warranty work:
A: Make sure your address with SAAB USA is current

Q: Next day parts availability.
A: If part is in US, it can be ordered to be shipped next day, if it is not on back order. Depends on if the car is "down" or now. Lead time on parts from Sweeden is two weeks.

Q: Hirsch Performance parts
A: Political issue with AC Delco. They are working on it.....

Q: Navigation as Accessory
A: NO, it might become standard equipment though.

Q: Issue with tinted windows being scratched on 2003/04
A: Known issue. 2005 was redisigned. Buyt if you put felt and tint, and it scratches the whole window - no warranty

Q: AUX in/ Satelite radio default on radion ON
A: NO, will not happen.

Q: IPOD kit
A: We are working on it.

Q: Pealing buttons
A: Dealer usually will make determination as far as if it is wear and tear or not. If radio buttons peal and you are under CPO, that does not cover radio equipment, then it is on case by case basis.

Q: 2006 booklets?
A: Not yet

Q: Speed dependent volume is not working
A: Known issue. Keep updating software, hopefully we will get it fixed soon.

Q: Will TDI and AWD be in USA?
A: NO, no demand

Q: What about options like folding mirrors, full size spare, third headrest, HID kit as an accessory?
A: All these options are demand dependent. US is very senstive to pricing, so many of these are cost driven..

Q: Mistery "---" button.
A: Supposed to turn on extra lights, but due to government regulations, you cannot put extra lights due to too much light emission are not possible in US. Button actually might not even be hoocked up.

Q: Saab Loyalty program
A: Maybe, depends on Financial position of GM

That's it. Overall a good meeting. I was disappointed about Onstar and Bluetooth, but was glad that my warranty item is going to be fixed.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
schernov said:
I met with Midwest Rep, who covers MN, WI, IL, and NW Indiana. Very cool guy.
My warranty repair got quickly approved w.o. any problems and we proceeded to have 1.5 hr long discussion.

That's it. Overall a good meeting. I was disappointed about Onstar and Bluetooth, but was glad that my warranty item is going to be fixed.
Sweet. You da man scherny!
Unfortunately, there were no great big surprises, just more vagaries. Props to you for getting his attention for 1.5 hrs. Did you or he ever mention Saabcentral?

If he covers MI too, then I'll probably be meeting with him in a couple of weeks to talk about the sunroof fuzz coming off.

PS, what was the warranty claim you worked out?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Viscouse said:
Sweet. You da man scherny!
Unfortunately, there were no great big surprises, just more vagaries. Props to you for getting his attention for 1.5 hrs. Did you or he ever mention Saabcentral?

If he covers MI too, then I'll probably be meeting with him in a couple of weeks to talk about the sunroof fuzz coming off.

PS, what was the warranty claim you worked out?
I don't think he covers MI, because he just moved from MI. It might be another rep.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts