SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the subject line expresses my problem. At around 70 mph and above, my '95 900 SEt has an on-and-off again wind noise that drives me crazy. It sounds more like the product of vibration that sheer whistle (like a wood instrument's reed being blown), but I can't find anything amiss along the windshield top, bottom, and sides, where it seems to be emanating from. The noise is hard to isolate, though it does seem to be coming from the windshield area rather than from, say, the sunroof.

Has anyone else ever had to track this down? Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks for the help,
David

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I have wind noise from my sunroof. Easiest way to quiet it down is to shut the shade. For some reason that seems to stop all wind noise. May want to try closing it to see if you noise stops. Another thing I've heard about for the windshield that people try is pushing on various perimeter spots of the windshield to look for a tone change of the noise, may want to try that too (don't push too hard though).

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
PMI said:
Known problem with the windshield. There is a Saab tsb covering it, but I am not sure how well the fix works over time. Usually worse when the sun heats up the car a bit.

http://www.townsendimports.com/Saab_TSB_Folder/Saab_TSB_pdfs/841_1577ed2.PDF

I lifted the rubber seal above my rear view mirror and applied silicon under it (on the outside).
Since then, no noise ... and that was about 18 months ago.

To be certain that is the problem, push up on the windshield behind the mirror ... if the noise goes away, that's your problem ... if not ...:cry:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all; a bit of flexi-caulk under the rear edge of the upper windshield trim seems to have done the trick.

-David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts