SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey out there ... can anyone recommend a mechanic in Orange County, New York? I have an electrical short in my tail lights and though I can swap out the tail light unit, I don''t want blow another one. I'm not very good at electrical problems. Give me a ball joint to replace ... I can deal with that .

·
Banned
637 Posts
You really don't need a mechanic you just need to add a new ground wire from the tailight to the car's body.. EVERY.. C900 has had or will have this problem .. a 10 minite fix... give it a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not done yet ... partial fix

OK ... that was good advice. The diagram was the critical missing piece. I grounded both [my mistake earlier grounding only one side] and the wacky lights have gone away, but the brake lights are locked on and the hazard lights don't work. I'm guessing I need a new switch at the brake pedal? and check the hazard relay?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Don't assume you need a new switch. Sometimes you just need to adhjust them so that the pedal comes to a rest engaging the switch. You can sometimes just bend them or as they did at the factory stick on shims to the tab on the brake pedal. I had this problem with my car years ago and thats what I did to remedy it.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts