SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Some Saabs were equipped with a temp sensor in the catylatic converter. If the cat converter got too hot, the EXH alarm on the instrument cluster would light. I don't remember how hot it needed to be, but it was hot! When it cooled off a little (10-15 degrees Celcius) the alarm would go away... Ron

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stupid question,but needs to be asked! If the sensor stopped working, would this have an effect on the general performance?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Yes and no
If the car was running poorly(incomplete combustion), the catatlytic converter would be stressed - which is not good and its costly. Otherwise, this sensor would have no effect.. It seems like a good idea, maybe...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is the light on when you first start the car and the cat is cold?

If so, the sensor is probably defective, but I don't know anything about this sensor, whether it can be replaced or if the cat needs replacement to change it.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
We don't have that sensor in the US. I'd try looking at it first. Maybe the cable got melted by the heat and there is a short-to-ground in the circuit now... Ron

·
Registered
834 Posts
OP> If you are talking about the 9000 in your profile you are in the wrong forum area... try the 9000 forum for better responses (this is for NG900 and 9-3).

If it is anything like the older classic 900 the EXH light would come on when it is time to replace the o2 sensor.

Try the 9000 forum area tho!

sab

1 - 11 of 11 Posts