SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered an MBC for my 900se 2.0T (96) but can't be bothered with the hastle of fitting an aftermarket boost gauge (the car cost only £600 so i'm modding on a budget), i want to turn the boost up to 13-14 psi, how far in to the red on the standard gauge would this be? or is there any other ways of me monitoring the psi?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Is it a ball and spring MBC or a bleed valve MBC? Hopefully the former - start with the lowest setting and gradualy increase the tension until you hit boost cut and then turn it back a bit. The dash gauge is very crude and inaccurate. You will find with a standard MBC that you will get loads of boost low down but it will fall off with higher revs - quite likely you will have less high rpm boost than before. Do a search on MBC+A as this variation will stop the high rpm fall off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
342 Posts
steviefeelgood said:
I've played about with it to get it just under the fuel cutoff and it goes about a 3rd of the way in to red.
Same here. Do some 3rd gear pulls since the additional load my still induce a fuel cut. Must calibrate doing 3rd/4th/5th gear pulls.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I've always used a ball n' spring, and I *heart* it.
You'll hit fuel-cut before you're anywhere NEAR doing damage so long as you put good gas in 'er.

enjoyyyyyyy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts