SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the " D.I.Y" Manuel boost controller and it works perfectly (after having to replace worn spark plugs and distributor cap). However, i can only just barely get into the red portion of my gauge (1986) before the boost limiter steps in and cuts all my boost.

My question to all is how to remove this limiter to get just a hair more boost :) I am not going to go crazy with my boost but i want a little bit more. Anyone done this or knows of how to do this?

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If it's the same as my later model, that's a fuel cut set in the ECU, and there's not a lot you can do about it unless you get a remap. You can't even T5 suite it because your car isn't Trionic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o shoot! no way around this issue? i really would like some more. Is it possible to hard mod the ECU to not fuel cut? I want more boost. Ha

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Marrk The overboost switch is located under the passenger footwell on european cars and is adjustable.

Hey Mark do you think you can expand on his a little bit? i know mine was made in Sweden and was made prior to GM takeover. How would i attempt at doing this?
THanks.

-Chris

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the advice Grentarc. I was wondering if you have done this procedure and could give me directions on how to get to it and then in turn adjust it for higher settings. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
824 Posts
i have done this procedure, but i cant remember which screw, whether it is the centre one or the outside one (i have a feeling it is the centre one).
The way i adjusted mine was I had my boost gauge connected, set my APC to max boost and then screwed in the required screw until i stopped hitting fuel cut. took a few goes, and then would fine tune the switch so if i got any overshoot it wouldnt cut out, but if i disconnected the W hose on the APC solenoid, i could still get fuel cut.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts