SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so i have read some posts and checked many websites but i want some opinions
what is the best mbc+a or mbc to use.

also to go from stock boost to manual controlled boost do you need to pop the hood and adjust it.. or are there types of mbc's which can be adjusted from the comfort of your drivers seat

·
Registered
234 Posts
From the drivers seat if you want a cheap controller turboxs makes a dual stage mbc that has two controllers and a switch inside your car so you can set one to a low boost and one to a high boost then switch from inside the car, or you could get an electronic boost controller but those are really expensive.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I have the turboxs single stage boost controller. It is a simple unit, and it has worked very well for me. I do have to pop the hood to adjust it, but I don't find that too bad.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
The MBC+A is the best to use, and can be found at mpperformance.com

·
Registered
919 Posts
And with the mbc+a it pretty much gets rid of the need for adjustsments for temp changes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mpperformance, get the mbc+a, i jus ordered mine. I think its a great option before actually gettin a chip. Spoke to eric, a great guy, veyr knowledgable. Once i get the mbc+a, i can give you more of a feel of how this thing actually is and give you the difference in "feelings." Im also gonna install a boost gauge to get some readings from stock to mbc+a.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Well the reason why the MBC+A is so great is that it eleminates overboost. With standard MBC you will have to dial the boost in to say 12psi because when the turbo boosts, it will shot to 15psi before the components can react fast enough to the high pressure. Since fuel cut is 15.5psi without a modded ECU you cannot exceed this. But if you have the +A (anticipator) you will be able to tune the MBC part to 15psi and have the boost go straight to 15psi and be able to stick there with no overboost. This is because the +A will prime a vaccum line with boost so that the MBC reacts almost instantanously with the increased pressure. So under full throttle you will have 15psi running instead of say 12psi. And 15psi means more power.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
hmmm, maybe I should ditch the turboxs mbc then. It may sound odd, but I've really never heard so simple of an explination. Thanks mark.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
maybe price can make up your mind then?

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Wow, this is starting to feel like Groundhog Day, the movie! Didn't we discuss this exact thing last week? Sorry, not meaning to be mean, but MBC+A is probably one of the most discussed topics in the performance forum over the past year. That's about when I got mine, BTW. Very easy to use. And really and truely adjustability from the driver's seat is a gimmick. You'll find no need to adjust a properly tuned MBC+A. In esplaining the performance of the MBC+A, one commonly overlooked aspect is the fact that the intake side is moved from right off the turbo to up on the IAC. This contributes immensly to the stability of the high boost. You may find that you don't even really need the pressure relief valve (+A) priming the wastegate at all in the hot months. I got this on good authority and tried it myself.;) Yet with the location of the intake tap moved, you still get stable boost pressures (as long as your IC can handle it).

In short, there is but one MBC+A, and MP sells it for Smart Performance (Atlanta).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts