SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my BPC valve, the one by the radiator has gone out.
I removed the wastegate hose from the valve and plugged it. I get full boost, but have no way to regulate my acceleration into fuel cut. I assume my BPC valve ($250) is shot?

I went to thesaabsite ordered a $68 BPC valve........of course this isn't the right one.

Will a MBC+A from smart performance bypass the $250 valve all together?? I'd much rather pay $75 then $250.......plus gain an adjustable boost control.

Thanks,
Joshua

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
JoshuaTSP said:
I think my BPC valve, the one by the radiator has gone out.
I removed the wastegate hose from the valve and plugged it. I get full boost, but have no way to regulate my acceleration into fuel cut. I assume my BPC valve ($250) is shot?

I went to thesaabsite ordered a $68 BPC valve........of course this isn't the right one.

Will a MBC+A from smart performance bypass the $250 valve all together?? I'd much rather pay $75 then $250.......plus gain an adjustable boost control.

Thanks,
Joshua
Yes, if you have a T5 then you can totally bypass the BPC with a MBC+A or even just a $25 MBC. Here are the instructions. Notice the 4th picture on page 4. It shows the BPC completely bypassed.

http://www.smartperformance.net/installation/MBCAinstall.pdf

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frank_Drebin said:
Yes, if you have a T5 then you can totally bypass the BPC with a MBC+A or even just a $25 MBC. Here are the instructions. Notice the 4th picture on page 4. It shows the BPC completely bypassed.
http://www.smartperformance.net/installation/MBCAinstall.pdf
GREAT!
I do have a T5........Does what I described sound like a bad $250 BPC valve?

(I just ordered a MBC+A :cheesy: )

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
JoshuaTSP said:
GREAT!
I do have a T5........Does what I described sound like a bad $250 BPC valve?

(I just ordered a MBC+A :cheesy: )
Well, you never actually listed any symptoms in your original post. What's it doing when plumbed correctly?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frank_Drebin said:
Well, you never actually listed any symptoms in your original post. What's it doing when plumbed correctly?
;oops:

Sorry. heh.....

Well, right now I'm only getting base boost........less then the middle of yellow. I've been driving around for who knows how long without full boost.

I read here that if I removed the wastegate hose from the $250 BPC valve and plugged it and could get full boost..........my BPC valve is bad. So I bought the $68 BPC from thesaabsite, when it arrived it looked nothing like the BPC I thought I had to replace. It has rubber grommets and a two prong elec. plug...instead of screw mounts and a three prong elec. plug.:x
After that I went to a local Saab dealership and they told me there were two different BPC valves, the cheaper one and the more expensive one. I told them I wasn't going to pay $250 for the correct BPC valve. After further inspection I couldn't even find where the valve I had even went.....I'm starting to doubt it even goes on a '99 9-3.

So, I'm just assuming my $250 BPC valve is bad at this point, and am rather confused by cross information.

Side note: After some inspection I did find a cracked hose one something (??) It was under the black plastic guard at the top of the motor closer to the firewall. I have no idea what it does or where it goes........I patched the hole with black tape for now. I'm going to replace it tomorrow if I have time. I doubt it affects the turbo valves in question.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
You received the BPC for a T7($68). They are much cheaper than those for the T5($200-250).

This is the one for the T7 (Which sounds like the one you received, located right above the exhaust manifold heat shield:

And this is the one for your car T5 BPC located at the front of the engine compartment near the radiator:

What hose are you talking about that is cracked?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SPATL said:
You received the BPC for a T7($68). They are much cheaper than those for the T5($200-250).

This is the one for the T7 (Which sounds like the one you received, located right above the exhaust manifold heat shield:

And this is the one for your car T5 BPC located at the front of the engine compartment near the radiator:

What hose are you talking about that is cracked?
Yep got the wrong one..........anyone need a T7 BPC? lol. :lol:

I ordered a MBC+A from smart performance so I'm going to forget all about that BPC valve.

I really don't know what I'm talking about, but here it goes. The cracked hose was around the circled area. (I know that isn't my T5 engine, but that's the only picture I could find.) It was attached to the main metal tube up there......
.....I'd have to take a picture to show you exactly.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SPATL said:
I bet is that it is the PCV nipple. If it is supposed to be atached to the plastic PCV valve coming out of the cranckcase, you will need to buy a new PCV.
It's just a small black hose?:confused:

·
Registered
803 Posts
SPATL said:
Check em all:

TB to PCV valve
TB to MAP
TB to FPR
TB to BPV
I say just replace them all. They haven't been replaced in a long time if one is cracked. Vacuum line can be had for cheap.

Edit: Check out PMI's site. Link

1 - 11 of 11 Posts