SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! long time saab lover, but been away for a while without one. I recently moved on a budget and picked up a '99 93 base vert as my daily.

Im mainly here in question about MBC's and the anticipator! I used to have one and it is an easy way to just make your turbo breathe easier and spool quicker. I know everyone is gonna say just go for a tune, blah blah I KNOW! but im a poor student on a budget and I just dont want to hate driving my base 93, thats white with a navy soft top :'D
Im a skilled mechanic and DIY'r and im am just doing simple, cheap, and easy things to have fun with my car and keep it reliable.

I was wondering if there is anyone super knowledgeable who's brain I could pick or had the info im looking for! I basically want the MBC+A set-up and ive been seeking whats used and only really come up with bits and pieces.

The air pressure valve I have found and understand all that as well as the MBC, my question was more about routing and usage. So Ive found a regulator 0-10 PSI(Big black knob reg. ontop of classic MBC+A setup) what you would think is the MBC but am I correct to assume this is the pre-charge or "Anticipator" path and that regulator is to adjust the pre-flow to the WG?
And if so, does that mean the brass fitting on the MBC+A is actually the MBC?

I just want to get this clear before tackling the job! and also, What kinda go MBC to use? does the simple ball and spring style work? and STUPID QUESTION but it seems like some MBCs vent and some dont????? Clear this up?? Which do I need??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From SPATL, the member on here who at one time had a company (Smart Performance) marketing and selling a complete kit for these:

YOOOOO thank you so much! ive been looking everywhere andd could only mainly find posts from back when this was being discovered, no really how toos. thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts