SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't wanna ask this, and I tried <search> but it won't respond when I type in "mbc+a", so I must:
I have this (for you in the US) rare version of turbo - LPT, with only 154 hp, which is basicaly same as a full turbo, except that very lite boost it makes. I want to make something and make it run better or at least as a full (normal) turbo. That MBC sounded like a good idea. Anyone has to warn me with something about that? Will it work on LPT?
I forgot to mention that I saw the MBC valve on some pictures couple of times, but apart from that I have no idea where and how to install it.;oops: I saw the FAQ section in workshop, but that doesn't contain any of the details I need. To be honest, I know very little about all those turbo related valves, but I figured which one is "dump". Guess that one has nothing to do with this operaton?
So, is there a good link to a page with detailed instruction on this? Don't tell me, there must be? I mean, all of you guys have it, so I felt like an orphan and I wanted damn MBC for myself too!:cry: HELP!
BTW, is there a (drastic) change in fuel economy with it?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Im farily certain greeny installed an mbca kit on his lpt. Since you have done some reseatch im assuming you know about the proper supporting mods (aka intake and bpv etc..) I dont think you need anthing more than the mbc+a istelf. The fuel economy is still largely right foot regulated, and i didnt notice much of a drop at all.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
A MBC or MBC+A will work no problem. I wouldn't try to max the LPT out all the time as it might overheat quickly. Do you knwo which turbo is used for the LPT?

Any ball and spring MBC will work. If you push it all the way up to the fuel cut, then you might want to consider the +A, if not any ball and spring MBC will work.

The MBC+A is sold through MP Performance, which also sells plain MBC's as well.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
SPATL said:
Do you knwo which turbo is used for the LPT?

Any ball and spring MBC will work. If you push it all the way up to the fuel cut, then you might want to consider the +A, if not any ball and spring MBC will work.

The MBC+A is sold through MP Performance, which also sells plain MBC's as well.
My nose was never down there, so I'm not sure, but someone told me it could be T17?? I can check that.
Thanks for the link, saw the page, but there is only SMBC offered at the moment and it says it does not increase the peak boost but only raises boost faster. Correct me, I'm a rookie on this, but I thought that my main problem are those 0.4 bar my turbo gives. Full turbo is around 0.6/0.7 and HOT is a tiny bit under 1.0 Sorry for not putting these numbers in PSI, I was bad in physics, hope you get the picture. Now, all I'd like to do at this point (my appetite might grow later) is to kick it a bit and if possible put in the level with a normal turbo... no beasts of any kind, so there is no fear of overheating and reaching fuel cut point, I won't go that far, but this is a heavy car for 154hp it now has. So, will SMBC work, if not where to get regular MBC?
Also, where to get some instructions for this (I believe) not complicated operation?
EDIT: I just went to NG900 section of MP Performance site and there it was. It's a T5 2.0 engine I have, so that thing should work?
ANOTHER EDIT: Just found this http://www.rtec.ch/webshop/product_info.php?products_id=101 any thoughts? It's in Europe so it's easier for me to get it... if someone can confirm that's what I'm looking for?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
MP ships abroad no problem.

That link to the MBC you posted looks like brass painted black. VERY short spring, and a big note at the bottom stating it overshoots. Nice.

Can't do the $ conversion but seems really pricy as well.

Marquis, sounds like you are just looking for a MBC. If you leave yourself enough headroom, a simple MBC will do just fine. The MBC on the NG900 page is exactly what you would need.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The one in Swiss is almost twice as much as the one in MP!! It not only the price of that MBC you pointed me at MP Performance, I'm driveling on all the prices you guys have there. If I were there I would easely go for any STAGE 1 package and many more upgrades. I assume this little pipe will satisfy me for now.
Thanks for your "amen" on that SPATL, by the time I get it, I'll ask for some instructions, in case they are not included with the vent.
Thank you ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts