SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am pretty sure I saw a post about this that had to do with the mayonnaise in the oil filler neck. I believe the post was wondering if it was coolant in the oil, a head gasket going, or some such. I found mayonnaise the other day, could this be a sign of oil sludge. one of my breather tubes is also soft , the one that feeds into the steel tube that runs into the turbo. Could it be the turbo itself? I am not getting any white smoke. It does take short runs during the week and it goes from being very cold on start(its 29degrees here in Jersey) to hot to cold again fairly quickly.

Any thoughts.

Thanks.:D

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Most often when this comes up and is not associated with white smoke or loss of coolant (or mayo in the oil itself) it seems to be condensation. Try looking after the car has had a decent run and got fully up to temperature, hopefully yours will be condensation too.

You are right to keep an eye on the breather pipes though, we should all check them for signs of them going mushy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Chris...what are your thoughts on the breather pipes, should i drop the sump and check the oil pick-up? Should the mushy ones be replaced?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi,

I had the mayo in my filler pipe too. I had the crank Case Ventilation update version 3 installed, i.e. small hose is moved from valve cover to the oil filler neck. The mayo is air/moisture which passes from the outside under the cap into the filler neck.

In my car with the version 3 it also "burned" 1 Liter of oil every 3000 km.

To remedy this I returned my crank case ventilation to update version 2. Still alot of oil that has to be refilled, but a little bit better.

We SAAB owners are still waiting for the final solution which SAAB was going to deliver about a year ago....

Cheers // Niklas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts