SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought my second hot Saab love it. would like to know from the professionals on here Can someone please tell me what the max torque I can achieve With the auto box ? And what mods should I run to achieve the max ? from what I’ve heard it’s around 350bhp but I’d rather here it from you guys in the know, I can only seem to find ways to mod a manual never the auto, I believe this is the T7 model so i guess I’m limited as the pistons aren’t that strong appreciate any help cheers

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Mods for the manual are pretty much the same for the Auto up to I believe it was stage 4. 350hp and about 350 (maybe a bit less) torque is about max on the auto tranny.
And yes, all 1998-2009 9-5's (except the V-6) use Trionic 7 (T-7) Engine management.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What’s the best route to get to stage 4 and cheapest if possible the DO88 is quite dear but there are so many other intercoolers out there that could be modified to fit I’m sure, was also looking at getting the tdo4hl-19T and 875cc injetors walbro fuel pump 4 bar maf sensor 3” turbo back exhaust obviously there’s other stuff to add to that ie pistons T5 cams etc but thing is do I need all those things to get to 350 bhp 520nm ?

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
What’s the best route to get to stage 4 and cheapest if possible the DO88 is quite dear but there are so many other intercoolers out there that could be modified to fit I’m sure, was also looking at getting the tdo4hl-19T and 875cc injetors walbro fuel pump 4 bar maf sensor 3” turbo back exhaust obviously there’s other stuff to add to that ie pistons T5 cams etc but thing is do I need all those things to get to 350 bhp 520nm ?
I got this IC. works great: https://www.ebay.com/itm/331992066224?ul_noapp=true

I am selling a TD04 19t 7 CM brand new built never used.

I have a set of T5 cams and 60# injectors and wlabro as well get in touch with me at 5seven oh-4seventy-nine -109eight

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
More info..

19t can get you to 375 BHP if tuned right (330 WHP) but for that you will need pistons for sure. You can go safely to about 330BHP but will need to get a wideband to monitor lean conditions. The pistons are the weak link here but watched closely and you will be ok.

You dont; need to change a stock MAF (you may mean fuel regulator) The set up you are thinking about is Stage 5+

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks mate for your input truly appreciated and yea the pistons are the weak spot, which is a pity and yes I did mean 3.5 bar fuel regulator. Do you know if anyone’s been able to modify the auto box at all to produce more torque, as it’s restricted to 330-350 bhp or maybe someone’s found an alternative auto box that’s compatible, like the F40 manual gear box ? From checking out your page you’ve done a few projects And you’ve got loads of knowledge
Thanks again jssaab

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
Lamby49
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing