SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can increasing the pressure by 0.3bar get more power? If the emergency mode does not switch off and there is no overboost (9-5 170hp chipped + -230hp)
I got 1.3 bar bypassing the boost control valve.

·
Super Moderator
1,690 Posts
Can it? Sure, provided you’re getting the appropriate amount of additional fuel to support it...!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think, if there is no overpressure, the ecu is already able to adjust the fuel

·
Super Moderator
1,690 Posts
I’d never take that for granted. Tuning your car involves reviewing what is really happening, not just turning up boost... ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only when i chipped, they told me to put the aero turbine in because it was already tuned for more stimulus, they said they put on a chip that corresponds to aero stage2 +-300hp

·
Super Moderator
2,929 Posts
Just to clarify a few things. 1.3 bar is approx 18 to 19 PSI, without boot-cut the computer "should" be able to adjust. The system already runs pretty rich at max boost so I don't think you'll have a problem. That being said, small turbos always "spike" or overshoot their designated boost pressure and without boost cut you will spike to 20 or more PSI. This could lean out the mixture and could cause damage theoretically. T7 cannot infinitely calculate the proper fuel for air mass volume, but that should be within the stock parameters. Also, why did you bypass the boost controller? The system works very well and rarely fails on T7...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry if I'm thread highjacking, but yesterday I tried to run Torque App and measure intake pressure. It updates super slowly, but in a third gear pull I saw upwards of around 28 psi. Is that too much?

My car is a 2000 9-5 Aero with stage 2(I think) BSR tune and exhaust.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry if I'm thread highjacking, but yesterday I tried to run Torque App and measure intake pressure. It updates super slowly, but in a third gear pull I saw upwards of around 28 psi. Is that too much?

My car is a 2000 9-5 Aero with stage 2(I think) BSR tune and exhaust.
Ups maybe I read the wrong parameter.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I'll have to look at my settings, but if I recall correctly, I have the Turbo psi reading from the MAF sensor. You can have it read from the MAP sensor as well. I believe when it was reading from the MAP sensor it showed WAY high psi. When I switched to MAF, it read correctly, at least much more correctly than before.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just to clarify a few things. 1.3 bar is approx 18 to 19 PSI, without boot-cut the computer "should" be able to adjust. The system already runs pretty rich at max boost so I don't think you'll have a problem. That being said, small turbos always "spike" or overshoot their designated boost pressure and without boost cut you will spike to 20 or more PSI. This could lean out the mixture and could cause damage theoretically. T7 cannot infinitely calculate the proper fuel for air mass volume, but that should be within the stock parameters. Also, why did you bypass the boost controller? The system works very well and rarely fails on T7...
How to know, how to adjust their wastegate bar length to get the best performance?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I tried recording the app, and looking at it now.

When I monitor Intake Manifold Pressure on the Torque app, a third gear pull maxes at about 26psi (not redlining at all, around 4k rpm)

When I monitor the "boost gauge" on Torque, it maxes out at around 15psi.

I dont know who did the tune on my car, as it was tuned as I got it, and the previous owner unfortunately passed away (which is why it was being sold) All I can tell is that he did a bigger downpipe, one cat delete and stainless steal exhaust. I'll maybe open the airfilter up when I have time, as my 9-5 sounds ALOT more aggressive than any I've heard before. Very loud spoolback from the turbo, can even be heard inside with the windows up. Its louder then the turbo starlet I hear every night. Then again, it also pulls very hard.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts