SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Needed to paint a replacement headllight washer spray cover silver metalic #268. Took the touch up pencil to Pep Boys (large rattle can supply) and applied the touch up to can top to find an exact GM match: BGM0535 Silver Met (15 WA8914) Final look is OEM after clear coating cover.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Thanks brother!!

Thanks for the info been looking for that same Silver color code 268 for my '01 9-5 Base, with no luck. Need a spray can for dog leg rust repair, you are a life saver!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Duplicolor for silver 9-5

2002 Aero silver with damaged left headlight washer cover.... tried the 0585 paint and clear and found it was a little darker. Several friends also noticed it as well so went to Advanced Auto and spent some time comparing and getting opinions from other customers. Final choice was BGM0508 Ultra silver. Stripped the cover of the paint and repainted and cleared Easy deal as I did spend some time many years ago at a paint and body shop. The 0508 has more metallic and sprays differently than the 0585 so lighter coats and mist will help. Three coats of color (or untill color is uniform) one every 30-45 min and then the clear after hour of color drying. I did notice that the 0508 clear did not finish off glossy as the 0585 did... could be older paint. Couple of days drying and 1500 then Meguiars X 2.0 hand polish new washer nozzel and install and well nice very close Friends also commented how hard it is to tell any difference. So a little testing more in the inside of the trunk (really inside... removed the handle and liner and gained access to partial paint inside where the taillights are. And the best part about the 0508 s that it does come in the scratch pen as well. Wonder why Duplicolor does not list Saab in their paint schemes??? And it would be nice if Duplicolor had a paint chip/wheel/chart...oh well the Aero has a can ready now should need arise again. Have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts