SaabCentral Forums banner

Marry re-flashed/tuned ECU back to my 9-3?

Tags
aero ecu marry
2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  steveramz 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

My 2006 2.8 V6 started having severe misfiring issues along with an injector 6 open circuit error. I changed all coils and plugs and replaced injector 6.

When I started it back up all of the codes are gone except for the injector 6 error. I took it to an auto electric mechanic who told me my ECU was corrupt.

I sent my ECU to Vermont Tuning to be re-flashed and tuned.

After installing the ECU, putting the key in (all electronics work including door locking and unlocking from key) the car does not even attempt to turn over.

I reached out to Brian and he said that the ECU needs to be married to the VATS (Vehicle Anti Theft System) using a Tech 2. He said I could get a day pass to an online portal that will allow me to marry the ECU to the car.

Has anyone done this before? Is it relatively simple? I called a couple of shops but I am afraid that they won't know what it is I need and end up wiping my ECU or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

See less See more
#8 ·
Well, the shop was not able to complete the job. This is what they said was the issue:

"UNABLE TO PERFORM REQUEST AS THERE IS NO COMMUNICATION ON THE POWERTRAIN BUS. WOULD RECOMMEND TO CONTINUE
WITH DIAGNOSIS OR SEND ECM BACK TO HAVE REPROGRAMMED OR REPLACED. CUSTOMER IS CHOOSING TO HAVE CAR TOWED
AWAY AT THIS TIME."

I let my tuner know and he said:

"It won’t help if they can’t communicate with it. I suppose there could be an issue with that ecm preventing them from communicating with it, but normally if I can program it on my bench the only reason you couldn’t in the car is if you have a faulty CIM. A better option might be to get another used ecm, have them marry it to the car first, then send it to me for the tune. If they can’t communicate with the new ecm then they need to investigate the CIM.

If they can, I would have them check if the CIM needs to be added to the bus first."

Anyone ran into this issue before? Wondering what route I should take next. Seems more complex than it needs to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.