SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been triggering traction control intermittently after moving to stage 1. I have newish Hankook Ventus v12 Evo summer tires.

Happened today for instance when I was going maybe 15 or 20 mph and I punched it a bit. Didn’t quite floor it. But when the boost hits it can be quite jerky as the tcs tries to take control.

Is this to be expected? Maybe I should check of tires are properly balanced?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Been triggering traction control intermittently after moving to stage 1. I have newish Hankook Ventus v12 Evo summer tires.

Happened today for instance when I was going maybe 15 or 20 mph and I punched it a bit. Didn’t quite floor it. But when the boost hits it can be quite jerky as the tcs tries to take control.

Is this to be expected? Maybe I should check of tires are properly balanced?
Huh? so after getting a tune which provides MORE power, you wonder why when you punch it from 15-20 mph the TCS kicks in. What's the ambient outdoor avg temperature out that way?
What do you mean by jerky? The steering wheel pulling from side to side (Torque Steer)? Axle hop? Lurching/bucking like a misfire?
Balancing the tires won't help any of that. If the tires were off balance, you'd get vibrations at certain speeds and possibly a shaky steering wheel that's in sync with the vibrations.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct. You read that right. That is what I am wondering.

Had a stage 2 bcb tune previously on an arc and did not have this issue.

It also occurred on the freeway once at maybe 45mph. It was hot around that time maybe in the 80s (F).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts