SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst chatting on another UKboard about silicone hose replacement for standard vac hose it was suggested that the hose from the inlet manifold to the MAP sensor should be left OE as it was constructed to a special grade that gave constant pressure feed to the sensor resulting in a accurate signal.

Can anyone confirm or deny this. I have replaced mine with silicone vac hose and not noticed any issues however would feel better knwing that the silicone is OK or I need to replace it.

Cheers
Ross:p

·
Registered
593 Posts
there is some truth
I put a big bore hose (all I had) when the map sensor hose fell apart
went all weird (cannot remember what it was doing tho...)
put some silicon hose of std size
everything ok...
so as long as it is the right size you should be ok....

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'm not certain but it might be a good idea to keep the length about the same too :) At least, it can't hurt. If you need one measured, just shout ;)

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
it is true, the map sensor pipe is infact a special pipe so much so that saab sell it as a actual part, having replaced it you may not feal or see a differance however your engine management will, i posted about this in the ng900/9-3 forum when folks were tapping into this to add a boost gauge, i'll try and find it as it contained a quote from the saab sevice manual for the trionic engine management system

found it :D

the mapsensor is in communication with the intake manifold via a hose,the design of which is carefully adapted to ensure that the pressure information is transferred correctly. the length of the hose,its positioning,the quality of the material it is made of are decisive for ensuring correct pressure measurements

1 - 4 of 4 Posts