SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
P0089 CODE....This remedied my check engine light problem. I'm excited....I got quoted $450+ for the same sensor from my dealer.

Ordered it from finjector.com
Just as a shameless plug Marko who runs the site was really helpful in directing me to where I needed to be and how to order. If you click on the flag in the upper corner the website converts to English (didn't know this at first either)

Overall I paid a little over $50 for the part and shipping. Came in about 8 business days all the way from Finland.

Here is a picture of the old one (already installed my new one once I figured I would post this). My code for the check engine light said bad fuel pressure sensor.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
How did you come to the conclusion that it was your MAP sensor? I have the same problem. Much cheaper than a fuel pump.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told by my mechanic. Originally I thought it was the fuel pressure sensor in the gas tank. But by saabs standards this is also another pressure sensor.

If you have the same problem it's worth a try...

My car would misfire in any gear. The turbo gauge would hit the red line and the car would lurch. Most of the time it happened at random times during acceleration. And furthermore mostly during high gear acceleration from a slow speed. (I have a 6 speed). There is no way to test the part as its a pressure sensor so I went on good faith. I got quoted 500$ for the part from my dealer and luckily this guy had it for seemingly pennies on the dollar. If anyone needs more info just PM me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

That's the GM part number which is also located directly on the sensor (that works for the 2.8, don't know the 2.0T part #)

ordered from finjector.com

In the upper righthand corner click the British flag. Will convert the website to english. If you have questions send them an e-mail. Quick responses.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I assume this was it. Oh well for 49 Euro and a easy install (I assume right) its worth a shot.

Search results: 0261230112

Pressure sensor 10 bar (abs) with integrated temp. sensor

Product number: 0261230112

Absolute pressure sensor 50-1000 kPa with integrated air temperature sensor. Bosch compact connector. Pin 1 =Ground, Pin =2 NTC, Pin 3 =+5 V, Pin =4 Output signal. Vacuum connection: O-ring.

49.00 €
39.84 € VAT 0%
USD 51.39

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Your name is hilarious btw.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Nevermind found it, super easy 1 minute install. Lift up engine cover and its right there. Will test out soon. FYI don't install when ur car is still warm (like 1 hour after its cooled off) that is still too hot and there is pressure and a small amount of fuel in the line, when you remove the old sensor fuel will spew out at you.

Will take some logs and see if my car is running good after.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i just ordered one as well. for $60 it is definitely worth a shot. i have the p0089 code and i haven't even tried to have it diagnosed yet, so i would be really psyched if this solved the problem.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Good find gentleman.

Why is there such a price difference? And where is the part made? Did anyone try and source in the US?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Good find gentleman.

Why is there such a price difference? And where is the part made? Did anyone try and source in the US?
I tried searching for it in the US but honestly could not find it, the part is genuine bosch part its just for some odd reason not available in the USA or lives under a different part #

·
Registered
32 Posts
this has been happening to my car recently. i have replaced all coils over the last year. i currently getting a miss under hard accel. i have a service engine light. i have the following codes p0089 (fuel pressure regualtor performance) p0171 (System Too Lean Bank 1) p0300 (random misfire) P0303 (cyl #3 misfire) P0305 (cyl #5 misfire. the car has 132k on it and is vtune stg 0 i would get a misfire here and there and replaced the coils as follow. then the car was running good for a a couple months fine no problems. then it had a little misfire so i was like wtf i replaced all the coils but when i pulled the codes i was like ohhh. then this thread popped up so im gonna try the fuel pressure sensor (its cheaper then a pump). also have you thought of using a caddy 2.8t map sensor/fuel pressure sensor ? i called the saab dealer they told me $250 was list price they didnt have one and if they could get one it was only gonna go up from there. i called up a gm dealer and asked for the fuel pressure sensor for a 2.8t caddy srx and list price was $80 and they had one in stock

1 - 20 of 77 Posts