SaabCentral Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok. So i got the rack off. No one ever really clarified that one side of it unscrews and you just pull it outwards.So much easier than i thought. The clicking is gone because i disconnected the fan...the AC still works and so I'm set for that.
I just remembered that a few months ago, my turning signals suddenly stopped making noise...i have no idea why/how. One day they were working and now they don't...:confused: The lights still work but it just doesn't click inside the car. Weird...any suggestions on how to go about fixing it?

· Registered
12,419 Posts
If you disconnected the fan and the noise that annoys stopped, that's great. Just replace the fan before you overheat the motor and need to replace the motor.

The sound from the turn signals comes from the SID speaker, so you either need to replace the speaker or replace the SID... Ron

· Registered
18,381 Posts
i didn't know it disabled the entire temperature system. i thought it was just for controlling the automatic climate control, which i feel like i could live without...:confused:
What it does is it provides the interior tempertaure to the ACC unit. So you have ACC set to 70 F, if that thing sends a signal 80 F the ACC turns on air conditioning, if it sends back 40 F it turns on the heater, etc

With it unplugged it is an open circuit so theoretically infinite *F and it will only give cold. That said I don't know how the ACC will actually respond, maybe with an error...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.