SaabCentral Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2008 9-3 with a 6spd manual. The car has 40K. The transmission shifts smoothly and the gears are not slipping. However, when I move the stick into gears, I hear a clicking sound from engine area. This happens when I'm driving, or if I'm stopped and I move the stick into gears (clutch pressed, engine off).

Could this be due to low lubricant level? I'm going to have my car checked out for the 40K check up at the dealer, since it's still under warranty, so I'll ask about the noise. I've driven plenty of manuals before and haven't experienced this problem before.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
You'll have to be more specific on the actual 'click' you're hearing. If it's one time only you just might be hearing the gear lever actually shifting the transmission inside the engine compartment (well next to it really) and it might be normal. But if you concerned about fluid level then I'd definitely ahve that checked.

·
Registered
941 Posts
With your car parked and turned off, shift some gears around with the clutch disengaged. If the noise you hear is what you're experiencing, it's normal.

Unless you're visibly leaking tranny fluid I woulnt be concerned, added onto the fact that there is no level check, so ask yourself if peace of mind is worth a 120-140$ drain and fill when you're only at 40k.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea the noise is there when I'm parked and engine turned off as well. It is a clicking sound whenever I move the stick from a gear to neutral and then onto another gear. It definitely sounds like shifting in the transmission. I can also hear it when I pay close attention while driving. It seems to me like it's too loud to be normal although this is my first Saab manual.

Additionally, it's sometimes hard to change into 2nd or 3rd gear, which is why I brought up the issue of lubrication.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently bought a 2008 9-3 with a 6spd manual. The car has 40K. The transmission shifts smoothly and the gears are not slipping. However, when I move the stick into gears, I hear a clicking sound from engine area. This happens when I'm driving, or if I'm stopped and I move the stick into gears (clutch pressed, engine off).

Could this be due to low lubricant level? I'm going to have my car checked out for the 40K check up at the dealer, since it's still under warranty, so I'll ask about the noise. I've driven plenty of manuals before and haven't experienced this problem before.

Any help is appreciated.

Any help is appreciated.

Did you ever get this problem fixed?

·
Super Moderator
9,183 Posts
pls start a new thread on your issue,thread is 9.5yrs old..kac hasn't logged in since dec 11 so a reply is highly unlikely..

Closed...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.