SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to unbolt the rubber connector at the firewall? One side is right against power steeeing lines. The other appears to be welded on nuts. This thing is rusted heavily and I have no detail diagram of how it is assembled. Any insight here? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
What is the best way to unbolt the rubber connector at the firewall? One side is right against power steeeing lines. The other appears to be welded on nuts. This thing is rusted heavily and I have no detail diagram of how it is assembled. Any insight here? Thanks.
You may be able to pull some useful info from these two images. They are from the Haynes service manual - sorry for the sucky quality, IDK what happened.

Unfortunately, I know essentially nothing about the procedure. So that's all the help I can offer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have that manual but it is often not the same as the car since it's a non-turbo and stuff is scattered between chapters so I must have missed that pic. I think I'm going to try putting the gear in R and see if there's enough clearance to get it from the wheel well, provided that's not a welded nut. If my camera is back in action next weekend I'll try to video it.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Thanks. I have that manual but it is often not the same as the car since it's a non-turbo and stuff is scattered between chapters so I must have missed that pic. I think I'm going to try putting the gear in R and see if there's enough clearance to get it from the wheel well, provided that's not a welded nut. If my camera is back in action next weekend I'll try to video it.

I'll look at Alldata again. But when I checked yesterday, it didn't seem that they were offering much detail.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, there's not much extra on Alldata. I'm going to dig around for exploded parts diagrams and inventory pictures. I'll post what I can find for reference. The details on this car are limited and often the wiring is only correct for post-1994 turbo models.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So apparently 4th will put it in position to be removed based on access from the fender well area. We'll see it goes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, 4th gave access from the fender well. I spent several hours fighting with rusted hardware today. Got 2 trans bolts out and had to pack up due to storms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts