SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to switch out a manual passenger seat for a power seat in the 9-3SS? Or is there simply too much involved?

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I looked at the passenger side harness tonight and saw the connectors. There is only one pin on the car harness side that wasn't being used on the seat harness side, circled in red. Sorry for the blurriness on the seat harness side.

Circled area is where the pin would theoretically go:

Can someone with an Aero please take a pic of their passenger seat harness, both sides?

Any input on this? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And I guess this just became, "can I put Aero seats in my base model?"

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can anyone take a pic of their harness?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I can understand why you want Aero seats since I hate the base seats in Wifey's 2009. No real side bolsters and they are hard as rocks.

Allow me to make one other suggestion since you are doing a major swap. Look at fitting up some of the premium Aero seats from a 9-5. There was a fellow who did this last year. I was surprised that they fit width wise but they did.

There is also a premium leather seat option for the 9-3's of our era. They appear to have the deeper bolsters of the Aero seats, perhaps even a tad deeper, but don't have that distinctive color "slash" that the Aero's have.

·
Registered
814 Posts
check that extra pin and ground see if it's alive.
Usually all you have to do is supply a live feed to the seat harness and ground, if not present. There are other threads for install. temporarily you can use the cigarette line in the console, for power. It will work!

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump...Anyone? I'm looking to do the same to mine.
Yeah GTurner solved this, he was the guinea pig. I'll be installing a power passenger seat this weekend. Since I'm just doing passenger side, should be pretty straightforward. I actually don't really mind the base model seats vs. the Aero seats. Wasn't night and day like in my 9000 Aero w/OEM Recaro-sourced bucket and shoulder bolster seats.

see GTurner's post here: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2277213#post2277213

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Yeah GTurner solved this, he was the guinea pig. I'll be installing a power passenger seat this weekend. Since I'm just doing passenger side, should be pretty straightforward. I actually don't really mind the base model seats vs. the Aero seats. Wasn't night and day like in my 9000 Aero w/OEM Recaro-sourced bucket and shoulder bolster seats.

see GTurner's post here: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2277213#post2277213
The 9000 Aero seats from Recaro were amazingly comfy. The seats in my 1985 Toyota Celica GT-S Convertible had Recaro seats as well, they make great seats IMO.

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 9000 Aero seats from Recaro were amazingly comfy. The seats in my 1985 Toyota Celica GT-S Convertible had Recaro seats as well, they make great seats IMO.
Very true. I miss those things!

My last Aero:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
And I guess this just became, "can I put Aero seats in my base model?"
Hey! I looked at GTtuner's thread - but he si doing something different than I.

I am trying to do what it sounds like you did - I have a power driver and manual passenger seat - I am swapping for AERO power (no memory) for both driver and passenger. Driver was plug and play - haven't quite figured out the passenger side yet...

What do I need to do for the passenger side? Simply supply power from the large red cable on the driver's car side loom? or... ?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hey! I looked at GTtuner's thread - but he si doing something different than I.

I am trying to do what it sounds like you did - I have a power driver and manual passenger seat - I am swapping for AERO power (no memory) for both driver and passenger. Driver was plug and play - haven't quite figured out the passenger side yet...

What do I need to do for the passenger side? Simply supply power from the large red cable on the driver's car side loom? or... ?
Yes, power from drivers side and make sure you are grounded.
That's what I did! Works great!!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Yes, power from drivers side and make sure you are grounded.
That's what I did! Works great!!
I assume it is grounded already, the stock seats both (should) already have heat, I would assume it needs power for that - which is why I am confused that I need to run more power to the passenger seat :confused:

I don't suppose anyone has a photo of what they did in this situation? :lol:

I am decently handy but not very experienced with electrical, still learning that part...

·
Registered
814 Posts
I assume it is grounded already, the stock seats both (should) already have heat, I would assume it needs power for that - which is why I am confused that I need to run more power to the passenger seat :confused:

I don't suppose anyone has a photo of what they did in this situation? :lol:

I am decently handy but not very experienced with electrical, still learning that part...
Added wire to the car harness, the red wire from drivers seat power!!
Check seat plug for missing power wire on harness.
Or tap directly into seat wire and splice.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Also there is a plug on the floor that's connected to the seat belt where it's bolted down to the floor period is connected to the old seats but the Aero seat does not have this connector at all. Is that going to be a problem that will need a Tech 2?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts