SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done some looking and have not found out how to solve this issue so I thought I'd ask. 2002 9-3, manual locks will not turn in the door but will turn in the trunk. When I first got the car three years ago it would happen intermittently but now it will not turn at all. Because it still works in the trunk, I thought it might be a fuse issue but I have not been able to locate a busted fuse that would impact this. I should also mention that the door does not chime when open and the and it also doesn't chime when I put the key in like other Saabs I have owned have done.

FOB does not work at all and I have replaced the battery to no good results :cry:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Probably just frozen from rust. I ran the battery down in my '99 with the doors locked and could only get in thru the trunk lock. WD-40 was my first attempt, but ended up using PB Blaster in the lock and let it sit overnight. Both door locks finally broke free.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. I assumed that it had to be an electronic issue but I was wrong. Took the door panel off and put some PB blaster on the inside of the lock and worked the key through. Locking and unlocked just fine now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts