SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice please on manually setting the boost control valve. is it simply a case of turn clockwise to increase? how do i know what setting its at?

kit fitted when took ownership of vehicle about 8 weeks ago and havent really thought about it. No probs with performance but just wondered?

Punch

·
Registered
640 Posts
adjust it and then run test drive then get out of the car and adjust again.. not handy at all..

that's why I got greddy profec b-spec II boost manager :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Is there a danger that adjusting the boost without checking fuelling may result in running too rich or too lean?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
From experience, I reckon you can run up to 1.5 bar boost for normal road use. Fuelling seems to be okay, however, I was close to blowing the engine at Bruntingthorpe after about 45 mins of WOT as I melted the spark plug tip off completely.:eek: :eek:

I have run this sort of boost for over 50000 miles in normal road use and find you never run WOT for any length of time on real roads.

·
Registered
640 Posts
1.5 bar? what kind of chip have you got? :)

btw I had a talk over manual boost controllers today and they seem to have quite a big disadvantage over electronic boost managers - you can set the boost up high but when the boost goes up it has a little kick down after that and the boost keeps floating, while with electronic device you can set up a constant pressure that it will keep after first kick down. Constant boost pressure = more power :)

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
No chip, just a bleed type mbc valve, it peaks around 1.6 and settles at 1.5 nice and steady.

Group 9 Performance are doing me a ecu and fuel chip to test out now I've fitted my GT28RS turbo ;) ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
If i use manual boost controler to lift only 0.3bar pressure a original turbo, could it give more power? When I chipped my 9-5 2.3t 170hp, they put on the max chip + -250hp and said it was tuned for a larger turbine as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts