SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
vectorzx1 said:
Ok guys i need help. I Decided on the BSR intake, but my buddy found this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-Cold-Air-Intake-Saab-9-3-05-04-03-02-2-0L-Cylinder_W0QQitemZ330170802190QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330170802190#ebayphotohosting

What do you think? Its way cheaper but does it work? Any likes or complains out their?
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's the one that causes CEL's because the diameter of the intake pipe in the vicinity of the MAF sensor is different to stock. A search will reveal all!

Don't rule out fabricating your own if you're a bit of a handy-man.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
VectorDan said:
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's the one that causes CEL's because the diameter of the intake pipe in the vicinity of the MAF sensor is different to stock.
Pretty sure he's right. This kit has a bad rep here.
I think some have fabricated different tubing to work with a K&N cone. But the K&N tubes in the kit cause problems. Oiled filter media is a bad idea for any MAF-metered vehicle. Manufacturers claim these are fine if you don't "over oil" the filter. But message boards on the 'net are filled with complaints of people who followed the instructions exactly and still ended up buying a new MAF.

Remember, buy an intake for looks and noise. You won't get any more power.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't waste your money on the K&n, i got one you can have. It set the CEL and didn't add any power just an annoying intake sound that took away from the turbo spool. It's a big waste of money.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
vectorzx1 said:
is the bsr intake carb legal in cali?
We talkin' Atkins or South Beach?

The BSR works well with the car because it incorporates some Saab parts, or copies of Saab tubing. This prevents MAF-misreads. Emissions are not affected. Don't know CA law, but most states allow mods which do not affect emissions or alter factory emissions control devices.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well see the laws r stupid i think it needs a sticker saying its carb legal or i can get a ticket the first time and taken to the yard the second. is their anywhere you can think of that i can call to see for sure?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts