SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay right now Im an hour and a half away from home with a no start issue on a 97 900 se with 156K. Turned it off for 10 min then started it only it died immeadialty; then just crank. When I try and start it the check engine light stays on and the RPM gauge doesn't move at all. CPS? If that might be the case would anyone know by chance if there interchange able? I have a friend with a 93 9k cse ; can I use that one?

edit I do have a spare DI and tried that with no luck

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Crap....

Tilt the rear seats forward and listen for the expected buzzing noise when you turn the key...

If you don't hear a buzzing noise, then your fuel pump might be gone....or, best case, the relay blew. Try to switch out the pump relay to check...

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
132417SAAB said:
When I try and start it the check engine light stays on and the RPM gauge doesn't move at all. CPS? If that might be the case would anyone know by chance if there interchange able?
They are only interchangeable from year 1994 on.

If The CPS is working during cranking, the Trionic ECU will energise the fuel pump relay, and apply power to the fuel pump through the fuel pump fuse. This can be tested with any voltmeter. If the CPS is not working, or in case the fuel pump relay has failed, there is no voltage at the fuel pump fuse while cranking.

Usually there is no CEL for fuel pump failure. Depending on how the CPS fails, there may be a CEL for that, with fault code P0335 (fault code applies to turbo only).

If there is a CEL, I would read the fault code b/f starting to swap parts.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PMI said:
They are only interchangeable from year 1994 on.

If The CPS is working during cranking, the Trionic ECU will energise the fuel pump relay, and apply power to the fuel pump through the fuel pump fuse. This can be tested with any voltmeter. If the CPS is not working, or in case the fuel pump relay has failed, there is no voltage at the fuel pump fuse while cranking.

Usually there is no CEL for fuel pump failure. Depending on how the CPS fails, there may be a CEL for that, with fault code P0335 (fault code applies to turbo only).

If there is a CEL, I would read the fault code b/f starting to swap parts.
right now I have no way of pulling the codes unless theres someway of doing that with the sid?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts