SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

It seems like a common issue is the power steering (cooling?) lines near the airbox get rusted out and leak. I'm speaking of the line that runs to the drivers side of the car and then back. My '03 wagon seems to be leaking there too and I'm wondering what's the best solution people have come up with?

I have a parts car with a somewhat unrusted set of lines. How difficult is it to get these off the car and just replace the whole thing?

Can I cut out a decent size section from both cars and then just join them with compression fittings?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
Yup, compression fittings are your friend, I've done it a couple of times, saves removing the whole line for just a bum section.

I use a local "Parker Store" the folks there are always ready to help come up with a cheap reliable solution.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, compression fittings are your friend, I've done it a couple of times, saves removing the whole line for just a bum section.

I use a local "Parker Store" the folks there are always ready to help come up with a cheap reliable solution.
Am I supposed to cut out sections not in the curved joints? Obviously I can't fit compression fittings at such an angle, correct?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts