SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 900 turbo and my son said all of a sudden it quit. Don't know if this has been a on going problem.
Fuel everywhere...block,turbo cooler...everwhere..Beside a bad FPR how could this much gas get everywhere? Would the computer tell the injectors they where closed if it malfunctions? suggestions please?;oops:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but im talking gas in the motor block oil, not leaking all over.....like gas being fed to the intake from either the injectors or fuel pressure gauge? This thing was so full of gas it was vapor locked and maybe that was a good thing since were talking flamabilty...is thats wa word?
I drained the oil and pulled the plugs and im waiting for things to dry out....Lokking for things to try for trouble shooting before I spend money.

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
Is it safe to assume you've already jumped the Fuel Pump and looked?
If there isn't gas pouring out of the vacuum line for the Fuel Pressure Regulator, it would have to be Injectors; but I've never seen that happen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A bad FPR puts gas in the oil. If you are running hard and the FPR doesn't get fuel from either the pump failing or running out of gas, you will cause this to happen.

Put a new FPR on and make sure you change the oil, filter etc.

That should fix it. I had that happen when i ran out of gas because of a faulty gas gauge.
Thanks to both replies!!! as for the first reply I had not jump the fuel pump yet and I think thats a good Idea....And Paul,as far the gas being low at the time it was around 16th of a tank...and my son always drive it hard even with 165000 on the motor...(hes 18 go figure)So your saying if the FPR is going out and your low on gas this could stress the FPR and walla gas in the oil?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.