SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the forum I have gained a lot of confidence in my "new to me" 2001 aero wagon.

I just bought the car at 56,000 miles and decided to go with all the forum reccomendations.

I had the coolant system flushed, transmission fluid flushed, oil pan dropped and checked, filled with Mobil 1 0w40 oil, new tensioner pulley, idler pulley and serpentine belt, spark plugs, head bolts retorqued, and new filters.

My mechanic said the car was basically perfect and completely devoid of sludge.

Next week I will have the DIC and fuel line clips replaced under recall.

I have three questions left for the forum gurus:

1. Is there any maintenance that I have overlooked?

2. I am going to buy some new oem bbs wheels and the finish line has the 10 spoke wheels in silver and hyper silver. There is considerable price difference and I was wondering if anyone could explain to me the difference between the two finishes?

3. What kind of tint would you guys reccomend for a silver 2001 aero?

thanks,

stonnie

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
stonnie said:
1. Is there any maintenance that I have overlooked?
Well done on that fine list of maintenance!

Make sure that you have the latest PCV system update fitted

G

·
I did all the same maintenance except for the pulleys. It looks like I am done as well. It sure feels nice to have everything taken care of.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I did 40% on the front and 35% in the rear. Looks good. Dark enough to help with the sun (don't need sg's all the time...esp helps with a little one in the back seat) but not too dark to draw attention. All depends on the function you're looking for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought I had all the preventative maintenance squared away but then I got hit with new wheel beaings on the passenger side.

$700 later I am finally on the road and going strong. I really like this car but I am kind of starting to appreciate my Maxima and Silverado a little more than I used to.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I do 20% or 25% all the way around, I have 25% and wish I did 20%.

THe only other things I'd add would be cabin air filter, fuel filter, and engine air filter if you haven't already covered those.

How are the front brakes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts