92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest Maintenace/Warranty fixes as of 10/4/2007,
Saab Aero, 2005
Miles: 35,000

BLUE- Saab fixed/replaced under warranty:cheesy:
Red- No Fix, cost is mine:evil:
Purple- Saab still considering:roll:

1. Windshield wiper sprayers- black trim fading to grey, asking them to replace. Saab replaced windshield wiper jets

2. Arm on driver side windshield wiper fading to grey, asking to replace.
Will not replace, arm comes with new driverside windshield wiper, $41

3. Black body trim around muffler, along bottom of rear bumper, black fading to grey, asking to replace. Saab still considering fix, will need to order entire new bumper, paint,install

4. When you are standing outside of your Saab's door with the window down, the black plastic INNER window trim is fading to grey, asking to replace. Saab replaced all 4 window inner trim

5. When you look between the middle console and front passenger seat, a clip has come loose holding the leather to the metal seat brackets. Asking to fix. Saab fixed leather seat clip

6. Fog lamps- inside of lamp lens has become dirty/foggy. Asking to replace both fog lights. Saab replaced entire new fog lamp units (yes,both!!)

7. When you turn on climate fan, a loud chirping noise is heard for 5 seconds. Asking to fix. Saab still looking at problem, will keep you posted

8. At my 30,000 mile maintenance, I had to pay for a new serpentine belt because it was squeeling (especially in hot days). Saab said the belt was cracking in areas. IT IS STILL SQUEELING and an odd vibration in my steering wheel when AC is on and car in drive. Saab replaced pulley tensioner and new serpentine belt.
Oil change/4wheel alignment, my cost! $200

·
Registered
308 Posts
striker2005 said:
Latest Maintenace/Warranty fixes as of 10/4/2007,
Saab Aero, 2005

8. At my 30,000 mile maintenance, I had to pay for a new serpentine belt because it was squeeling (especially in hot days). Saab said the belt was cracking in areas. IT IS STILL SQUEELING and an odd vibration in my steering wheel when AC is on and car in drive. Saab replaced pulley tensioner and new serpentine belt.
For #2 back to black also would have worked as a fix for this. Bottle is about 4.99

For #8 why would you pay for a serpentine belt. 50,000 Miles bumper to bumper. You should not have paid for that. The only thing you should have paid for at the 30K us the 4 wheel alignment which should have been 89.99. at least thats what it is at my dealer and close to that at most tire places.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reply to twarner776

Back to black is a temporary fix. THAT IS IT, A TEMP FIX!!! After a few washes, the conditioner is washed away and the same defect is seen on the black plastic trim on bottom of rear bumper. I am not happy with TEMP fixes. Will let you know if they replace the bumper. That is why I will ask to replace all black trim (door trim, window trim, bumper trim, side mirror trim, door handle. Again, back to black is not a FIX, it is not why I paid $40G's to have to go by conditioner.

I asked for the black grill on front of the car (black shelves next to the Saab logo), Saab will not replace.

The serpentine belt is not covered under the bumper to bumper warranty, I talked with the GM/Saab rep, it is covered for the first 10000miles or so, then it is wear and tear.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For more on my car

For more on my car, search the following threads:

Strikers Mods and Maintenance

Euro Badge/Emblem

·
Registered
28 Posts
striker2005 said:
Back to black is a temporary fix. THAT IS IT, A TEMP FIX!!! After a few washes, the conditioner is washed away and the same defect is seen on the black plastic trim on bottom of rear bumper. I am not happy with TEMP fixes. Will let you know if they replace the bumper. That is why I will ask to replace all black trim (door trim, window trim, bumper trim, side mirror trim, door handle. Again, back to black is not a FIX, it is not why I paid $40G's to have to go by conditioner.

I asked for the black grill on front of the car (black shelves next to the Saab logo), Saab will not replace.

The serpentine belt is not covered under the bumper to bumper warranty, I talked with the GM/Saab rep, it is covered for the first 10000miles or so, then it is wear and tear.
Interesting...I had the same issue with my serpentine belt (squealing noise at idle when AC is on), and it was replaced free under warranty. I had it replaced at 27k miles.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'm surprised they offered to fix the fading black trim at all. I would expect they'd say it's normal wear and tear...since I see the same fading on every car on the road with black plastic trim. :(

·
Registered
194 Posts
Speaking of rear bumpers, my dealer has my '06 9-3 Aero now and they are replacing the rear bumper and the 3 trim pieces as well, for free: their scratch & dent guy could not fix a scratch to my satisfaction.

·
Registered
641 Posts
On the fading black trim. I'm seeing some of that effect in my car.

But I question at what point is it a defect vs normal ageing. Clearly in the first year or so if it fades badly I'd say defect. But after say three years I'd move it over to wear and tear.

Nickshu said:
I'm surprised they offered to fix the fading black trim at all. I would expect they'd say it's normal wear and tear...since I see the same fading on every car on the road with black plastic trim. :(

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats the problem, People let their cars go

See, thats the problem with people who buy new cars, they dont care about their cars. When I spend $42,000 on a car with a 4yr, 50,000mile warranty, I expect the parts that break, fade, make noise, and flaking paint to be fixed immediately. The design of the car should not be doing this after 2.5 years. "OH-lets get back-to-black plastic trim conditioner, that will fix it!" WRONG:evil: , PEOPLE DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH DEALERSHIPS. They need to.

You are wrong MichSaab- if you want to pay for a nice car and call fading trim normal wear and tear after 2 yrs, that is find, but you are not getting what you paid for. I take pride in my car. And when these things happen, people are not up to fighting with the dealership to have these things fixed. Thats too bad, because I will get my money's worth and use a warranty thats given to you the way its suppose to be used. Dealerships will try anything to avoid replacing warrantied items. If you have to, go to a lemon law lawyer to push for compensation. It takes time and energy, but will be worth every penny you spend on your new Saab.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I hear your point. But my point is everything ages. If you feel that SAAB or any other nameplate shows there ageing to soon then I guess you have the option to not purchase another one. Everything ages, if something ages way to soon you may be able to claim defect. The net question is what is a realistic timeframe for normal ageing versus product defect? is it one month, year, three years, the life of the warranty or the life of the car?

striker2005 said:
See, thats the problem with people who buy new cars, they dont care about their cars. When I spend $42,000 on a car with a 4yr, 50,000mile warranty, I expect the parts that break, fade, make noise, and flaking paint to be fixed immediately. The design of the car should not be doing this after 2.5 years. "OH-lets get back-to-black plastic trim conditioner, that will fix it!" WRONG:evil: , PEOPLE DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH DEALERSHIPS. They need to.

You are wrong MichSaab- if you want to pay for a nice car and call fading trim normal wear and tear after 2 yrs, that is find, but you are not getting what you paid for. I take pride in my car. And when these things happen, people are not up to fighting with the dealership to have these things fixed. Thats too bad, because I will get my money's worth and use a warranty thats given to you the way its suppose to be used. Dealerships will try anything to avoid replacing warrantied items. If you have to, go to a lemon law lawyer to push for compensation. It takes time and energy, but will be worth every penny you spend on your new Saab.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update on Maint/Warranty fixes 10/9/2007

Here is the update on the maint/warranty fixes

Latest Maintenace/Warranty fixes as of 10/9/2007,
Saab Aero, 2005

BLUE- Saab fixed/replaced under warranty:cheesy:

1. Windshield wiper sprayers- black trim fading to grey, asking them to replace. Saab replaced windshield wiper jets

3. Black body trim around muffler, along bottom of rear bumper, black fading to grey, asking to replace. Saab ordered new bumper assembly (3 pieces), painted and replaced!!!!

4. When you are standing outside of your Saab's door with the window down, the black plastic INNER window trim is fading to grey, asking to replace. Saab replaced all 4 window inner trim

5. When you look between the middle console and front passenger seat, a clip has come loose holding the leather to the metal seat brackets. Asking to fix. Saab fixed leather seat clip

6. Fog lamps- inside of lamp lens has become dirty/foggy. Asking to replace both fog lights. Saab replaced entire new fog lamp units (yes,both!!)

7. When you turn on climate fan, a loud chirping noise is heard for 5 seconds. Asking to fix. Saab replaced a "blender" motor in heater/AC dash module.

·
Registered
144 Posts
striker2005 said:
Here is the update on the maint/warranty fixes

Latest Maintenace/Warranty fixes as of 10/9/2007,
Saab Aero, 2005

Looks like the reason they charged you for the LOF was becuase you were @35k not 30k. 30k is free maitenence (paid by saab) along as your not over/under 2000k from 30k.

If they did the bumper and other items for fading then they shouldve done the arm aswell.... we wouldve done it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts