SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any magazine articles on Saabs? I'm finding myself being sucked into 'Saab enthusiast mode', and it would be interesting to read more.
Anyone have a list? Or even actual magazines they would part with?
I'm also looking for the BEST workshop manual, covering Saab 9-3 around year 2000. Any advice?

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Saab Magazine was Saab magazine for owners. It contains some Saab infos, pics and many bling bling articles (tex wine cooler etc).
There are more, but you need to find them yourself.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Current magazines, I know of at least:
Saab Driver, published by the Saab Owner's Club UK
Nines, published by the Saab Club of North America

You would have to either subscribe or join a club. (Saab Club of Canada gives online access to Nines as part of the member benefits, for example).

I know that there were, and probably still are, various other club magazines. Saab also put out a variety of in-house magazines for various markets.

Finally, the mainstream car magazines did reviews of Saabs back when Saabs were available for review. Searching for something like "Saab 900 review" will get you some of those.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Thanks for reminding me, I have missed last Nines.
Saabclub Finland publishes Saabisti magazine.
In Sweden there are 4 Saabclubs.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
The latest Nines will be posted soon. Just came today. :)

To add, there is a quality about magazines that you can't get in places like here, or in social media. Someone has taken the time to edit the articles, and there are articles with much more thought and work behind them than the typical online post. To be honest, I am impressed that clubs still put them out in (very soon) 2020.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, - I was thinking more of articles in Motoring Magazines such as 'Thoroughbred & Classic Cars'
I'd be interested to read independent tests and comparative articles. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Obviously very few magazines do reviews of Saabs right now. Like I said, there were plenty done in the past, though not all can be found online. Certainly US magazines, especially Road & Track, did reviews of C900/NG900/9000/9-5/OG9-3/NG9-3 reviews. I have plenty of them courtesy of other people clipping them back in the day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts