SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting a P1181 on and off on my 05 Arc. I changed the MAF today with a junk yard part, from an earlier model.

The replacement MAF is part number 9173386C; the old is 55557008. Does this matter? The car seem to run fine.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have been getting a P1181 on and off on my 05 Arc. I changed the MAF today with a junk yard part, from an earlier model.

The replacement MAF is part number 9173386C; the old is 55557008. Does this matter? The car seem to run fine.
Should be fine. According to EPC, the '7008 was appropriate for your year. The '386 was on earlier cars but is now No Longer Sold and was superseded by the '7008.

Doug

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'd just like to toss out there that a bad MAF can destroy an engine - I have one in my garage in 1000 pieces due to a bad MAF and I'm not alone. They run lean and then a piston melts. A new one is less than $100. This may not be one of the parts that are OK used.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I'd just like to toss out there that a bad MAF can destroy an engine - I have one in my garage in 1000 pieces due to a bad MAF and I'm not alone. They run lean and then a piston melts. A new one is less than $100. This may not be one of the parts that are OK used.
speaking of which, how is the rebuild going? When you going to get it done?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I had some work travel and then got sick - yadda yadda yadda. Just got the subframe situated and the block back from the machine shop, had them do the honing. Starting assembly tonight, fingers crossed. Going to do a separate post later on a couple questions about reassembly. Deadline I've set for myself is Sunday. Thanks for asking though.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
It's definitely not worth buying a used MAF. Pick n Pull gets $43.00 for one. A new one from Orio is $88.95. You can save $20 by going with RockAuto, but the genuine part doesn't seem horribly overpriced compared to the aftermarket options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts