SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I am trying to clean the MAF but i can't get the rubber air intakes off, is there a trick to this?
Pry with a flat-head screwdriver and yank like hell!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
There is a lip on the inside that holds pretty well. Just pinch the hose hard downward and start working off the top bit....dont worry about breaking it, its pretty durable. (its the wires inside that are not) Sometimes carefully sliding a flatblade screwdriver inbetween can help start it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you, i will try. Being a noobie to this, I am always afraid of breaking something or doing it wrong. Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
;oops: I am sorry, another stupid question is do you spray both sides of the meter or is it a stright through piece?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
you can spray both sides, although the majority of the debris will be on the incoming side. Once you have it off, you will see the wires inside you need to spray.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked at my meter this morning and the top side of the meter only has two wires while the bottom has three, is this right?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Like this:

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I dont remember what it looks like off hand, but Im sure if it doesnt look like the wires are broken, its fine.

NEVERMIND.... chris shows up to the party with photos.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I hope you are reffering to the wiring harness connected to the outside as the inner wires shouldnt be touched. As for getting the harness off,there is a clip that needs to be pryed away. There is ALWAYS a clip of some sort holding a harness together.....its just a matter of figuring out what style.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep, I figured it out, thanks. My CEL was on before i did this, if this was the problem will it reset itself?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
You must manually reset the check engine light by either disconnecting your battery or removing the engine management fuse located on the side of the dash on the driver side. (or you can do it with an OBDII scanner) Did you get the code pulled originally and thats what lead you to the MAF?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, this comes on every 3-4 months and I go to advance and the code that it spits out is a manufacturer code. I have a a apointment on tuesday with an indy to check my code out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts