SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running my OBD II adapter and Torque Pro today just looking at some numbers.

Is a MAF flow rate of 171.7 g/s pretty standard for an '05 Aero?
Boost was 17.8 Psi and Intake was 31.8 Psi.

40-60 Mph was 2.6 sec (kick down with the auto in Sport mode).

I know in the 9-3ss forum someone had put what the stock MAF g/s max flow rate was (I don't recall what the number was though) but I haven't seen what it is for the 9-5's so figured I'd post and let others chime in.

I posted in here because I figured that this info would be more geared to the tuning side of things than the workshop side of things.

·
Registered
313 Posts
How much information does the torque app show? I wanted to get open SID but it's too complicated for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
It will show maf flow rate and everything else you want or need. I have the paid version. Well worth it!

Sent from my 9-3

Does it matter which obd2 dongle you have? I see there's blue driver for $100 and another one for $26. Do they both read the same thing for the Saab TRIonic system?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much milligrams/combustion that weird g/s would be?
171 grams per second.
I'm just curious as to what the stock flow rate should be.
I can change the readout to psi I think if that would make more sense. I recall in the 9-3ss forum they always talked about grams per second. I think it was 125 grams per second was stock flow rate. I could be off on that number though. Basically, they were saying if you were tuned, your flow rate would be higher than that. And if it was below that you should clean the MAF and replace the air filter. I just don't know what the flow rate should be on a 9-5 aero.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much information does the torque app show? I wanted to get open SID but it's too complicated for me.

It will show any data available from the ECU using the OBD protocol. Things like transmission temp aren't run through OBD so you won't see that. But there's still a ton of info through OBD.
Emissions readiness, 02 sensor voltages, cat temp, coolant temp, manifold pressure, boost level, etc etc.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I never looked that value, only milligrams/combustion.
Grams per second is not right in itself, because it depends on the RPM.
Actually, I found a formula that checks out by using the grams per second.
Grams per second x 1.28 = whp.
So, 171 x 1.28 = 218 whp.
Add 15% for drivetrain loss (auto tranny) = 250 at the crank.

It refelcts what people had gotten at the dyno so there is good use for grams per second.

·
Registered
169 Posts

It refelcts what people had gotten at the dyno so there is good use for grams per second.
I'm going to try this formula today 🤔

Sent from my 9-3

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's an 05 9-3 Arc 5 speed manual. Stage 2 tune

Sent from my 9-3
I'd say it pretty much checks out then. If you said stock, I'd be like, dammit! Gotta find a new formula. But stage 2 on an Arc, ya, it's pretty in line with those numbers I think.

·
Registered
544 Posts

How does this formula check out though?
I've got a reading of ~ 1200 mg/c on esid for the 9-3 ss linear. 1200 mg/c = 240 g/s x 1.28 = 307.2 - 15% = 261.12

Therefore I'm getting 307.2hp crank and 261.12whp..? On a stage 1! @@

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How does this formula check out though?
I've got a reading of ~ 1200 mg/c on esid for the 9-3 ss linear. 1200 mg/c = 240 g/s x 1.28 = 307.2 - 15% = 261.12

Therefore I'm getting 307.2hp crank and 261.12whp..? On a stage 1! @@
I don't know what 1200 mg/c is, so can't help with that formula conversion.
And is that from the MAF?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
7 Participants
Nordic-Machine
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing