SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started using this formulation about a year ago and now I can't find it anywhere. Everytime I ask the counter help at the various parts stores they claim that Mobile is "up to something" with that particualr variety of oil and that it is at least temporarily not available for them to purchase at the wholesale level. One guy had received many requests from consumers and after a little digging had concluded that somehow one or more European car manufacterers had made a deal with Mobile to carry it as an exclusive at dealerships only. Has anyone else heard anything along these lines? Obviously I've taken this information (theory) with a grain of salt, but am still frustrated by the lack of availability of this product.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Its Mobil, not Mobile. I just bought a case of it last week at Autozone. All Autozones should carry it. They were the first store to carry it in the US. I know Wally World carries it also. Most of the auto parts stores near me carry this weight. :confused:

I know for sure your local Saab dealer carries it now. Its the only oil they use in the SS after they stopped importing the Saab Turbo oil. They want over $6.00 a quart for it though. :x

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Is this much better than the 0W-30 I'm using now?

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
The shark doesn't much care much for mobil 1. I use Castrol Syntec and it likes it much better.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mobil, is that better?

Local Walmart here doesn't carry it. Autozone used to carry but hasn't for a while. I'll have to keep checking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts