SaabCentral Forums banner

lsd

960 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  bkrell 
#1 ·
in the near future i'm going to rebuild my transmission. as the 3rd gear synco is pretty shot. but since im gonna be tearing the tranny apart anyway, i was wondering if anyone had seen any/ heard of any afordable limited slips for a NG900T??

#2 · (Edited)
Only affordable one I've heard of is the Phantom Grip. The Quaife is something like $1,200 if you can find one, and the Sellholm might be even more.

Only knock I've heard about Phantom Grip is that unlike the others, which are mechanical torque biasing diffs that should last the life of the tranny, the Phantom Grip is a clutch type that uses brass plates.

#5 ·
95turbo said:
I'm pretty sure that you can find one on abbottracing.com. But of course there is the "affordable" detail that's harder to come by...
Doesn't Abbott also require your left testicle as a down payment?

#8 ·
Yep, Busaboy.....they definitely do, but, like all their stuff, at seriously inflated prices.

#10 ·
Even on stock Saab turbos it will make a huge difference exiting turns. I know a guy who out one on his VW GTI VR6, Quaife that is, and it made a huge difference. His engine was stock other than intake and exhaust.

#11 ·
I know it'd make a differance. I'm just saying for that money, I'd think he has already done other stuff. It doesn't make sense to me to drop that kinda money before doing other stuff. But maybe I'm wierd like that....don't hold it against me!

#12 ·
well... i figure i'm throwing down about 180 hp. some big numbers you know. yeah

on a serious note. i'm gonna be in the transmission anyways. and i figured that if someone made an LSD for like 400-500 it would be worthwhile mod. i've seen them for jap imports for like that. granted i think they were the clutch type but still. but for over a grand. i think that i'd have to run out of other mods to consider that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.