SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Saab 9-5 LPT manual
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been covered before but I decided to moddify my 1999 Saab 9-5 lpt. First step was to swap my stock t25 turbo to the Aero TDO4 15t turbo. Stock with a boost gauge I'd see only 4-5 psi. After only swapping turbo I see 16 psi wot. I've replaced boost vaccum lines, boost controller. The car runs smoothly but it's obvious I need a Tune I'd say. Any input is much appreciated because I'm no mechanic and I don't want to hurt my engine.

·
Registered
1999 Saab 9-5 LPT manual
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks! I have the aero injectors and talk with someone at brew city boost. I'll swap injectors soon. I may swap cams and stuff at some point. But for now I'll looking at "aero" stage 2 with 275hp and 310 ftlbs. After that full 3 inch exhaust and 3.5 fpr with big front mount intercooler. I may go do88 not sure. I really appreciate the quick response. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ok thanks! I have the aero injectors and talk with someone at brew city boost. I'll swap injectors soon. I may swap cams and stuff at some point. But for now I'll looking at "aero" stage 2 with 275hp and 310 ftlbs. After that full 3 inch exhaust and 3.5 fpr with big front mount intercooler. I may go do88 not sure. I really appreciate the quick response. :)
I would stay away from Brew City Boost and locate a local tuner.
I found Genuine Saab 3" down pipe a great addition. I have one on each of my Saabs.

·
Registered
1999 Saab 9-5 LPT manual
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate your response. However due to budget and current goals I'm sticking with my current plan although the T5 cam swap sounds very interesting. I have found a local muffler shop who can fab up a full 3inch when I'm ready.

·
Registered
1999 Saab 9-5 LPT manual
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I know is will help the higher rpm and boost when your around 350+ hp from what others have stated. Claiming 30+ hp sounds interesting but going with bolt ons for stage 1-3 isn't needed. Even stage 4. So if you have the budget I'd say go with T5 cams imo.

·
Registered
2003 9-5 Linear Wagon
90 Posts
My understanding was that the piston rings can only handle so much power until they start passing combustion gases into the oil, is that consistent with your experience?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts