SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a c900 thread, yes I'm double posting;oops:
but this seems like more the place that I need my info from.

has anyone converted there ng900/9-3 to lpg

dual fuel or dedicated

and most importantly has anyone done it utalizing T5 and piggy backing software so that the LPG is injected from the inlet manafold not before the throttle body.

also if anyone has done both ways and would like to contribute in if there is much difference regarding fuel consuption thank you

note: I am considering converting to T5, if it will give me better options regarding LPG, as LPG is still around 1/2 the cost of petrol here

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Gee, I think these cars have great fuel economy. I run 95 octane in my Saab and it loves it and it is very economical, even at stage 5.

I also have a Toyota Landcruiser 100 that I have converted to dual fuel.
Things that I have noticed with the LPG on my cruiser are:

It eats plugs more often
Has slightly less power
The gas mixture goes out of tune quickly
Burns more oil
It gets less mpg on lpg than petrol

But in saying all that the LPG is half the price and it has made my Landcruiser viable. Because it sucks fuel like a V8.

But for a small 2.0 or 2.3 ltr Saab that gets great fuel econ anyway, I wouldn't do it. Plus the $3,000 price for a gas set up might also be a deterrent ;).

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gee, I think these cars have great fuel economy. I run 95 octane in my Saab and it loves it and it is very economical, even at stage 5.

I also have a Toyota Landcruiser 100 that I have converted to dual fuel.
Things that I have noticed with the LPG on my cruiser are:

It eats plugs more often
Has slightly less power
The gas mixture goes out of tune quickly
Burns more oil
It gets less mpg on lpg than petrol

But in saying all that the LPG is half the price and it has made my Landcruiser viable. Because it sucks fuel like a V8.

But for a small 2.0 or 2.3 ltr Saab that gets great fuel econ anyway, I wouldn't do it. Plus the $3,000 price for a gas set up might also be a deterrent ;).
you make valid points but the fact remains that as you said LPG is sooo cheap compared to petrol, I do quite a lot of miles so I have no issue with paying back the $3000 within a few years even taking into acount of worse fuel consumption.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I would be curious if you could even get a kit to suit an old saab.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts