SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
12,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share this one with you guys, I was wondering about availability of Jamex lowering springs for my 900, as I have a set on the cavalier and there performance with the Koni adjustable dampers is quite extroadinarily good.

One UK supplier came up very early in the search link, then from that link I got to this page;

Notice for the new900 the V6 spring is listed different to the 2.0 - 2.3, :confused: now we know that Saab list a lot of springs for the range depending on market, engine, tranny & equipement package, yet this is the first supplier I've seen that has actually gone to the trouble of making an engine specific spring for our cars; those of you with an EPC can check that the V6 springs are similar to the turbo parts, the smaller engined n/a have different springs still; so my reason to post was to open up a constructive debate about how these so called tuning part manufacturers are doing exactly NOT that, they supply a generic 'one part fits all' fudge, at least so far Jamex have at least tried.

FYI, the V6 is around 20kg heavier on the front axle, I wonder what effect the V6 spring set would have on the Turbo?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Maybe it would lift the front up a tad since some springs drop the rear to a point where it looks like the rear is lower than the front.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
That is where I get alot of my stuff from.

My Eibachs. FSE valve and much other stuff. They are a good bunch I was considering visiting them for a custom build exhaust but went for the Jetex they had for sale instead.

Dead

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
This is an interesting question, and I meant to reply to this when the post was created, but didn't have much inteligent to say. Here goes anyway....

I have also noticed that Intrax has a set of V6 lowering springs. They have different part numbers listed on their website, but I have emailed them with no response as to the specifics of the springs. Thats a pretty darn cheap set of springs though!

Tboy

·
Registered
556 Posts
Wow those are cheap ($$), are there any U.S. online suppliers? Are they as good of quality/ride comfort/performance as some H&R's? I could probably afford a pair of these Jamex's, but I don't want some cheap (as in crappy) products on my car.

·
12,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turbo 900 said:
Wow those are cheap ($$), are there any U.S. online suppliers? Are they as good of quality/ride comfort/performance as some H&R's? I could probably afford a pair of these Jamex's, but I don't want some cheap (as in crappy) products on my car.
Really don't know if they do ship to the US/Canada

As far as Jamex ride quality goes I can only draw on experience with my Cavalier, that had cheap PI springs on it, they over lowered the car and the handling was pants! even with Koni adjustable dampers, when I put the Jamex on the car was raised about 20mm [3/4"] and drove instantly better, smoother and more refined and more 'control' they've been on the vehicle 2 years now and the red finish is still intact so even the paint on them is good.

To be honest, if I was not seriously impressed with the Cavaliers improvement I would not consider them for the 900, my reason for posting was to see if anyone else out there had some, and of course to guage reaction regarding how other spring makers supply a 'one size fits all' product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts