SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i just bought my first car, an 08 turbo x and i want to get some lowering springs for the car, ive tried searching on here and i cant seem to find any pictures of a 2003-present saab 93 with lowering springs, i know so far that h&r and eibach make the springs for these cars so can someone reccomend me which route to go?

Any advice is much appreciated :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Greetings 'Vader'! And I'm guessing that's 'Woodbridge' as in 'North, North Toronto' :)

Several have lowered their Turbo X: I via Hirsch springs [re-badged Eibachs to Hirsch spec], 10mm at front (only). The only way to acquire these are via overseas channels (never were offered in North America) and I doubt that even ANA Trollhattan has any left. You might try Hirsch themselves...or if you have a European relative ask them if one of their Dealers can acquire for you as Hail Mary.

Kanundrum has written recently and extensively on his (good) experience with Maptun coil-overs (probably least expensively -- if not inexpensively -- from NeoBrothers in UK).

Otherwise that's it (though Taliaferro [Genuine Saab] promises to offer something in medium term).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep its North of Toronto :p

Thank you very much for the information Punter, my friend may be able to get some h&r's for me, otherwise if that fails i have some relatives in Italy who may be able to help me get some Hirsch ones.

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a few pics of my 08 2.0T lowered, I used vogtlands, I'm not sure if they make a set for the turbo x's, its a 1.5" drop in the front, and a 1.4'' drop in the back.

I figure since the 08 9-3 and the turbox share the same face lifted design this may be of help.

DSC00623 by bethespark, on Flickr

DSC01439 by bethespark, on Flickr
I'm just west of you in brampton. Do you ever hit up the ertefa meets at dave and busters by vaughn mills? I occasionally go and am the only saab there :(, it'd be awesome to get more saabs out

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Turbox xwd system makes the suspensions different.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235481

Lots of pictures in this thread^
I realize the suspensions are different, i was just supply the OP with pictures of what the 08+ facelifted body style looks like lowered, considering that the turbox and 08+ 9-3 are very similar looking. I know when i was looking at threads for suspension I noticed there was not alot of threads or pictures of the 08+ lowered. ( i may suck at searching though)

thanks for the pics 9k, love that color on the 93, very clean ride.

I havent heard of those meets. When are they?
Thanks man. Every thursday night at the parking lot beside dave and busters (near Ikea) in vaughn (highway 7 and the 400) there is a large car meet, there is usually a huge turn out of all makes and models you'd associate with the modified car scene. I occasionally go if I'm not working, the swedes are severely underepresented.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
It's tough. Like Bryce said, the Turbo X requires different suspension and being limited production there are very limited options. I haven't had any luck with Hirsch, nor Maptun for that matter. NeoBros will supply overseas only, and the Maptun dealer here in the states (State of Nine) will source them for a rediculous pricetag. I want suspension bad, I just don't know if it's worth it at this point, for me anyways. Patiently waiting for GenuineSaab. It's good to hear they are working on something :D

·
Registered
707 Posts
... NeoBros will supply overseas only, and the Maptun dealer here in the states (State of Nine) will source them for a rediculous pricetag... :D
BP: I've purchased several items recently from NeoBrothers for Canadian delivery (including 2012 lights with blue tint -- 2 sets!; Bilstein B8 shocks + Maptun springs for a 2009 9-3SS FWD) without any issues. Via PayPal/Mastercard. They do require (for first shipping anyways...then you're in their 'system') a faxed/scanned copy of your Passport or equivalent because apparently they've suffered from some overseas online fraud.

But done once it's easy. I think their prices are rather good (and remember there's 20% off the listed price for VAT -- it will show you the corrected price in Shopping Cart. There are some shipping costs (I suspect that Maptun coilover set would incur about $100 of those). Taxes depending (I've had to pay 2 out of 3 orders-- upon Fedex delivery...luck of draw and depending on mood of customs officer, no doubt).

Just browsed their site: Seem to only have FWD coilover kit now...might want to send them an email and ask. Even better, contact Charlie who takes care of my orders:

Charlie Goodchild
Online Sales Manager

Neo Brothers Ltd
01992 719280
www.neobrothers.co.uk
[email protected]

You can mention my name [Mark Marcon] -- that I recommended his services!

If you place an order be careful to include your VIN # and description of automobile [e.g. 2008 Saab Turbo X Sport Sedan, Automatic, Left hand drive, Jet Black Metallic] as some parts differ (not the coilovers, AFAIK) depending on which side steering wheel on, transmission, Sedan or Combi...

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
BP: I've purchased several items recently from NeoBrothers for Canadian delivery (including 2012 lights with blue tint -- 2 sets!; Bilstein B8 shocks + Maptun springs for a 2009 9-3SS FWD) without any issues. Via PayPal/Mastercard. They do require (for first shipping anyways...then you're in their 'system') a faxed/scanned copy of your Passport or equivalent because apparently they've suffered from some overseas online fraud.

But done once it's easy. I think their prices are rather good (and remember there's 20% off the listed price for VAT -- it will show you the corrected price in Shopping Cart. There are some shipping costs (I suspect that Maptun coilover set would incur about $100 of those). Taxes depending (I've had to pay 2 out of 3 orders-- upon Fedex delivery...luck of draw and depending on mood of customs officer, no doubt).

Just browsed their site: Seem to only have FWD coilover kit now...might want to send them an email and ask. Even better, contact Charlie who takes care of my orders:

Charlie Goodchild
Online Sales Manager

Neo Brothers Ltd
01992 719280
www.neobrothers.co.uk
[email protected]

You can mention my name [Mark Marcon] -- that I recommended his services!

If you place an order be careful to include your VIN # and description of automobile [e.g. 2008 Saab Turbo X Sport Sedan, Automatic, Left hand drive, Jet Black Metallic] as some parts differ (not the coilovers, AFAIK) depending on which side steering wheel on, transmission, Sedan or Combi...
Interesting... I contacted them recently about coilovers for my TX and heard back from Charlie. He said "I’m afraid we do not have these coilovers in stock at the moment and we can’t supply Maptun products outside of the UK. You can however contact your local Maptun dealer and see if they can help you." Maybe you're just special and it's time I do some name dropping :cheesy:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Interesting... I contacted them recently about coilovers for my TX and heard back from Charlie. He said "I’m afraid we do not have these coilovers in stock at the moment and we can’t supply Maptun products outside of the UK. You can however contact your local Maptun dealer and see if they can help you." Maybe you're just special and it's time I do some name dropping :cheesy:
Could be that in Canada we don't have an official Maptun distributor (?). Or that I have previously ordered items, delivered, in the UK (as I'm often there so in 'system' as such). It's all I can think of...too bad otherwise! I just checked SON and don't see them there currently (at any price).

I guess I was lucky in finding the Hirsch springs (granted, travelled to Trollhattan to pick them up!). Another idea (for Hirsch product): Try ANA Trollhattan, direct. They are very familiar with shipping overseas and foreign inquiries. There are links off the SaabsUnited website...and they speak English better than most of us native born!

Might want to PM Kanundrum too (recently acquired those coil-overs).

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Could be that in Canada we don't have an official Maptun distributor (?). Or that I have previously ordered items, delivered, in the UK (as I'm often there so in 'system' as such). It's all I can think of...too bad otherwise! I just checked SON and don't see them there currently (at any price).

I guess I was lucky in finding the Hirsch springs (granted, travelled to Trollhattan to pick them up!). Another idea (for Hirsch product): Try ANA Trollhattan, direct. They are very familiar with shipping overseas and foreign inquiries. There are links off the SaabsUnited website...and they speak English better than most of us native born!

Might want to PM Kanundrum too (recently acquired those coil-overs).
Hmmm... I wonder what would happen if I just ordered them online (if they become in stock). There is an option to ship to th US... Or I just bug Charlie.. Yes I have been in touch with Kanundrum. I'm in no rush as of now, so maybe waiting for Genuine Saab is a more viable option. Thanks for the help I do appreciate it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts