SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way to lower the stock saab seats, would i have to make custom brackets or something? is it even possible? also, are there after market seats that will lower the driving position? as for now... i am merely curiouse if it can be done, i dont like ridin high as those stock saab seats tend to do.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
They do adjust up and down - lever (at least on my '85) is on front - not sure where it is on later cars. You might also want to remove the upholstery from the seat base and carve out some foam - pretty common trick for a tall guy in, say, a miyata or scirocco - altering brackets and seat frames can be done - but you really need to know how to weld, and really know what you're doing OR you can end up with a seat that's dangerous (prone to breaking away) in the event of an accident ...

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
I lowered some saab seats to fit them into my truck!.

I stripped them down, then cut and rewelded the base.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Maybe he's been listening to ZZ Top :roll: ....

"All my friends love a lowrider
The lowrider is a little higher
Lowrider drives a little slower
Lowrider is a little poor

Lowrider knows every street, yeah
Lowrider is the one to meet, yeah
Lowrider don't use no gas, now
Lowrider don't drive too fast
"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
cool, thanks for the tips. id probly be best off buying some seats out of a junker and goofing around with those. i know what you all meen by unsafe seats. after my cousin bought his ep3, i took out these crapper bucket seats that the previous owner threw in there, leaving half the nuts and bolts of the assembly out. i always wondered why they shook so when we were driving. anyways, i ended up using half the bolts outta the passenger seat to make the driver seat safe, and eveyone else ended up riding in the back seat, or, worse than before, just laying on an empty passenger floorboard and hoping for the best : /

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
spgnick said:
the ****** asian dude /
as a moderator I can assure you - one more comment like this and your kiester will be booted off the forum. This counts as one - two gets the boot. An apology to the forum is expected.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Interesting apology.
Everyone deserves respect, even the disrespectful. Respect them and stay away from them... Dig?:cool:
As for gay... A lifestyle choice is just that and I see no reason to slam anyone for their choices so long as they don't impose them on you after you ask them not to (if need be).
Find love for everyone and you will live longer and feel happier. I promise!!:)

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
spgnick said:
......... i know i shouldnt mention agressions like that online but wutever the guy doesn't deserve respect neways.......
try, not even thinking them to yourself in the first place... you might just feel a little happier in general

how many people do you think you've pissed off already?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
spgnick said:
yea i did. u never met the guy he seemed real gay for one. for another he pulled the wool over my overly eager cousins eyes on that car and sold it overpriced. he knew what he was doing. i know i shouldnt mention agressions like that online but wutever the guy doesn't deserve respect neways. oh and i just love how u threw in my little : / after the quite just to get the affect u wanted.
Be careful - if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say it.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
spgnick said:
yea i did. u never met the guy he seemed real gay
Meaning you presumed him to be a homosexual or that "real gay" was just a convenient put down. This is your second warning, and I can assure you that one more of these and my size 13 EE boot will assist you from the site. Offensive comments and the like are not appreciated and each individual is expected to afford the community at large respect and no one should feel intimidated or left out due to biased statements, hence terms like the ones you are using are unacceptable.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
SteveTheFolkie said:
They do adjust up and down - lever (at least on my '85) is on front - not sure where it is on later cars. ...
on my crapper of a '91 the tilt adjustment was on the left side of the seat bottom. you pulled out a 'broomstick" type handle and either pulled up or pushed down... same design as on the ng900 that my mom had. IMO the function of the older style was much better, seemed to get the seat into a better position.

for tits and giggles: i drove a friends M3 the other night.. seats= magic for my sitting . car was nice too, not used to no lag.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
.... in general, bmw seats are rubbish tho.... 1400 miles in a 3 series to Le Mans this year told me that... drivers, passengers, rear seats... all as bad as each other

my mate was complaining that the front seat in the 3 series was more uncomfortable, and had less room than the rear seat in my 900 :cool:

G

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
yeah, I have never sat in a car seat as comfortable as the front seats in the c900 (later seats) - even cadillacs - yeah they're cushy, but not as ergonomic - you can drive for hours in a c900 and NEVER get a backache! :D

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
drg23 said:
.... in general, bmw seats are rubbish tho
dunno about the modern ones but a buddy of mine had a 1970 or 1971 2002 Tii - we drove it from Philly to Oregon - would have been two days BUT skiing at Aspen got in the way (aww shucks) so it took three and some change - the seats in that were very comfortable - it was 13 years old at the time ....

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
spgnick said:
i have high blood pressure and family genetics leaning towards hot-headedness. im sorry.
dont drive a newer bmw then... the rubbish seats will increase your blood pressure, and there are enough hot headed bimmer drivers as it is :lol:

seriously tho, I am 6ft and a bit, and i tend to have 2 driving positions.... 1 for driving in town, a bit more upright and another for motorways.... sit back, relax and enjoy the cruise :cool:

in motorway mode, i can get my eyes just above steering wheel level, so you i dont really see the need to set them eve further down

as mentioned already, early seats the lever is at the front, under your left leg... later (1991 on) seats, the lever is on the front side, between seat and door pocket

G

·
Registered
139 Posts
My '89 has the height lever between the seat and door pocket...and 4 bolts hold it in. The more stuff I read about the "earlier" models the more confused I get because no one really seems to understand the 88/89+'s.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
in the UK at least, 88/89 had rear handbrakes and the latter style 9000 sourced brakes, early style seats with the tipper on the base and the height adjuster on the front, turbo's were bosch (we got Lucas after 1991)... thats about it....

the US may have been another ball of fish all-together tho ;)

G

1 - 20 of 22 Posts