SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to lower my 03 9-3 linear. i want a comfprtable rie, i do not want to feel manholes or bumps. I was looking into the koni fsd and looking at the bilstein HD's.

i hear great reviews on those, but i also read not to lower the car with neither the fsd or hd's

has anyone lowered their vehicle on either the hd's or fsd's without a problem?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Many members here have installed the KSport coilover kit and seem to have great success. I personally can't attest to any info first hand but my first move on suspsension is a Ksport setup with replacement bushings.

Hope that helps some.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Eibach Pro-Kit springs and Bilstein (B6) HD. The Eibach's lower only 30mm, and are designed to work with OE dampers.

I did a lot of research and asking around and these Bilsteins can handle a 30mm drop fine. I've even seen kits being sold with this combo. But in the end I stuck with Aero springs :p

·
Super Moderator
9,708 Posts
You can use lowering springs on the FSDs, I called Koni and confirmed. Koni themselves offer spring/shock packages that include FSDs with lowering springs. Also confirmed by a suspension expert at Tire Rack. Also confirmed by several board member here on the forum.

It's a generic warning only for some cars. For some reason even GenuineSaab has that warning in their FSD item description, which is incorrect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts