SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am not very mechanically inclined...so I dont really know what I need to lower my car...Dampers or springs...or even what ways each of them would benefit me. In addition to this what brands should I be looking at when making a purchase or either of these....Also what do you guys think about the ASA AR2 18inch rims... I currently am riding on the stock bbs 17inch, would this be an upgrade or downgrade? Any information on these things would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
You can do it with just springs but you really want to do both dampers and springs for the best results in ride and handling. I personally have Koni dampers with Eibach springs but there are plenty of choices and different combo's available. The wheels might be a bit lighter than stock providing some benefit and new wheels means you get new tires as well and there are some nice improvements to be had in this area. I have a set of the 18" JH8s on my 03 Aero with Pirelli PZero Nero (not M+S...summer version) and the car is very sticky in corners.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i agree with XAAMOTO. if you want to put springs in your car you should also put dampers in. i lowered a 900T and kept the stock shocks and they could not handle the upgraded spring rate... also i am running Koni's and Eibach's with a set of 18" ASA's and i love them. the car looks great with the wheels tucked in the fender wells and the ride is firm but not harsh. cornering is also very good. good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
spoolin'Aero
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing