SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Eibachs all the way. I have them on my car and love them. But you should definatly upgrade your dampers while you're at it. I also reccomend Bilsteins, as that is what I have. And do the strut mount bearings while you're at it too depending on your mileage and wear.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have lowering springs(Intrax) on my 94 Impala SS. I'm going to leave my Saab alone. :cheesy: It looks like it doesn't take much to bottom out turning out of a driveway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stromer, dampers would add quite a bit of cost? Is your recommendation based on performance? If I'm looking simply for looks and to minimize cost, is it still recommended to replace both springs and shocks?

·
Registered
772 Posts
depending on how old your car is you might want to consider shocks.
My viggen's shocks were shot at 50K & were on their way out at 40K

installing spring/shocks will be cheaper in the long run because you will pay less labor getting it all installed at once

Also, there are package deals available for the spring/shocks

eibach makes great springs & bilstein shocks are just OK

koni has a new spring/shock combo (being discussed elsewhere here) which can be purchased for $580 shipped!! That's a STEAL!!!!

I highly suggest spending a little more now & get this kit, you will be happy you did so!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Yeah, I heard the part of only for looks, but I chose to ignore it. :roll: :D

You can do just lowering springs, but I don't think anybody will reccomend it. The better look of the car won't be worth the decreas in ride quality.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I hadn't thought about when I can expect shocks would need replacing...I've just reached 40k, is it pretty common to have to replace shocks at a certain mileage, average out there?

Thanks for the responses so far!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Mine needed replacement at about 85k. I didn't actually replace them until a little plast that. So you are a little early in that repect.

However, I'm not sure how much demand there is for used dampers, but you could maybe sell yours used if there is still some life in them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts