SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

So here is the deal, I have a 1999 9-3SE that seems to have acquired a vibrating thumping noise in the lower rpms. In gears 3rd, 4th, and especially 5th it sounds like there is a low thumping noise when i accelerate. It gets worse when i shift a little on the earlier side round 1500 to 2000 rpm. After 2500 though, it goes away completely. I think it could be a possible rear engine mount that needs replacing.
Also, its seems as if i have lost a little bit of top end pull as well. When i mash it, the car pulls fine in the lower gears. But as soon as i shift, their is a weird decelerating whine that occurs and it sounds low pitched like that rumble. I don't know if these two are related problems but the top one makes me think it may be a mount failure and the accelerating and decelerating slop makes me thing a possible belt issue. Thoughts are much obliged. Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Both the rear and passenger side mounts are hydraulic fluid filled, if they tore I'm sure it leaked out allowing the engine to bounce around more.

Drivers side one is mostly solid, if it's broken it will tear. It's probably the easiest one to check

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.