SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I'm averaging ~22 mpg - I've checked the air filter and have been using premium fuel. My next idea is to replace the O2 sensor(s). Could someone please tell me where the sensor(s) is located or are there any other suggestions to increase mpg? I appreciate any help!

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
I hope that you realize that both OEM 02 sensors are around $275 total. That's a lot of gas money if you don't have any CELs. I recommend that you wait until the "winter blend gas" has been replaced with the "summer blend gas", then see what your mileage is. Both my Saab and Sierra are down on mpg, but always come back up in the warmer months... Ron

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you have a turbo check the vaccum lines. My gas mileage was very poor like 19 in town. I just changed alot of items though. I replaced the spark plugs, fuel filter, new brakes all the way around, cleaned the k&n filter.

Then I noticed that their was a few vaccum lines that were rotted. Now since I have changed all the vaccum lines changed. In town I am getting almost 25mpg.

Now durning the summer with I got 21 with the A/C on that is city and highway I got 27.

I did a little trip the other day on the highway I got 32 on the highway.

I hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts